Airsoft in the rain

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 hours ago, E21A said:

Seconded. 

Have you seen the pictures by the way, believe there is one of you. 

There was indeed. It was good to meet you btw. AFUK patches are a good way to spot members in the crowds. 👍

71489515_2733745869993516_5906886363482947584_n.thumb.jpg.b19c04848f856aaccdcdba6fae347984.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Immortal said:

There was indeed. It was good to meet you btw. AFUK patches are a good way to spot members in the crowds. 👍

71489515_2733745869993516_5906886363482947584_n.thumb.jpg.b19c04848f856aaccdcdba6fae347984.jpg

Likewise, good to know you’re a member of the Flecktarn master race too! 😂

One of my best days of airsoft was in heavy rain whether that was down to less people being there or everyone just slugging it out I’m not sure. Was definitely worth the soggy feet though 

If you're airsofrting in the rain, you have to go balls deep. No half measures. Once you accept you're going to get utterly soaked you can move past it and concentrate on running around mopping up all the playerscowering under any cover they can find.

Recently I went to my local site and the heavens opened up, just as the first game began!

Was tempted to leave half way through, but was persuaded by a few people I never met before that day to stay (same team players), now we meet up every 2 weeks, new battle buddies! 😎

Despite the weather had a Great time, with the few hardcore players that stayed! 😜

The funniest thing for me that day, was charging a fort with a Winchester, got shot in the arse, then falling on my backside on the muddiest part, all had a good laugh, especially me! 😂

The hardest part was my boots with my soaked feet, making that soggy squelch sound, when trying to move around quickly! 

Not my ideal choice, but worth it.... Keep waterproofs on standby and get them on before you start, lesson learn't! 🤦‍♂️

💷GAMBLE💷

9 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Recently I went to my local site and the heavens opened up, just as the first game began!

Was tempted to leave half way through, but was persuaded by a few people I never met before that day to stay (same team players), now we meet up every 2 weeks, new battle buddies! 😎

Despite the weather had a Great time, with the few hardcore players that stayed! 😜

The funniest thing for me that day, was charging a fort with a Winchester, got shot in the arse, then falling on my backside on the muddiest part, all had a good laugh, especially me! 😂

The hardest part was my boots with my soaked feet, making that soggy squelch sound, when trying to move around quickly! 

Not my ideal choice, but worth it.... Keep waterproofs on standby and get them on before you start, lesson learn't! 🤦‍♂️

💷GAMBLE💷

And waterproof boots maybe?

Should of tucked my cargos in, either way I accepted I was soaked, still managed to shoot my fair share of players that day! 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Side note. I wonder how much rain drops can affect the range and flight path of bbs.

I cam only assume it reduces it

Just be aware that waterproof boots require a lot of care. And once soaked, they stay soaked for an awful long time.

I don't know if tucking your trousers inside boots is a good idea, it feels like water has an even easier access to your boots that way.

Look after your boots and they will look after you.

If you see a scratch in the leather then I use a block of beeswax and brush it on with a hotgun then buff it smooth. I always polish them too. Not to mirror but a decent coating. They never leak.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Look after your boots and they will look after you.

agreed, one of my best investments for this sport was a pair of lowa's, when your feet are dry and comfortable it's one less thing to distract you from playing.

In my experience tucking them in, slows the process of being soaked faster! Also if your like me that crouches and crawls a lot, in poor conditions, whilst adjusting your knee pads, it all add ups! 

💷GAMBLE💷

Id have thought tucking them in would encourage the rain to trickle down into your boots

By tucking them in, the boot laces secure them in place and if they come out just simply repeat, better in dry weather! 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

I found it's way worse when tucking your pants in.

Water goes down by capillarity, transfers to the boots and slowly soaks them up, whereas with the pants covering the boots it's much harder to get them soaked.

With Gore-Tex (or any membrane) boots, once water gets in you're done, you're gonna stay wet.

I usually were them on the outside, when it comes to rain, different story! 🤔

still doesn't stop me having fun! 😜

💷GAMBLE💷

Archived