Cylinder swap advice, Krytac LMG

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

While I’ve got my gearbox open to sort out a compression issue I remembered I had a Systema piston laying about that I got in a box of parts.

Theres nothing wrong with the original piston, both have the same teeth count (though I would have to cut out the second tooth on the Systema. Original is plastic, other is metal.

Undecided which to put in, have heard it’s not a bad idea to have some plastic teeth as it acts as a kind of fuse if anything jams up. The lighter plastic will also reduce stresses due to the higher ROF.

What do you guys think?

57A3C635-6752-4204-9010-2BD4B8A0771C.jpeg

Keep the plastic. It will be faster and far easier to shave off teeth for aoe correction when needed.

For compression, it's mainly the o-ring against the cylinder. I'd recommend viton o-rings as they have the best air seal i've ever seen: https://www.kingdomofairsoft.com/product-page/viton-o-rings

Cheers for the replies, original it is.

@AK47frizzle funny you should mention that, got some viton orings arriving today courtesy of ak2m4, I wasn’t aware they were a thing but he recommended them straight off the bat.

Archived