WELL VZ61 inconsistency

RussHampson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm pretty green to airsoft, but managed to pick up a cheeky WELL Scorpion for £35.

Upon getting it home, it seems to have a bit of an issue with it's cycle. From what I can see (and understand), the air nozzle will sometimes cycle 1 and a half times, preventing the next round from being chambered straight away. 

This isn't as much of a problem on full auto, but my local CQB site only allows semi. 

Anybody got any ideas of a repair that I could perform? 

I'd rather not fork out for a TM gearbox. 

Cheers! 

• Supporters

The Scorpion has an AEP-style gearbox, it's all funky and custom.  I can't even figure out how the semi-auto cut off works.

Given the low fps and ROF of these (on the stock nimh), is an occasionally double-tap really going to bother anyone?

(OK, it would bother me, but we're talking about a £35 gnu).

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I would look at the cutoff lever first and see if its worn. If so you need a replacement.

Cheers, I'll have a look into it! 

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The Scorpion has an AEP-style gearbox, it's all funky and custom.  I can't even figure out how the semi-auto cut off works.

Given the low fps and ROF of these (on the stock nimh), is an occasionally double-tap really going to bother anyone?

(OK, it would bother me, but we're talking about a £35 gnu).

Yeah, it's not a massive problem, but it means that quite often the very first round of my magazine won't chamber which is my main issue with it. 

I can deal with the odd doubletap, but it'd be nice to get it sorted if I can. Maybe a boneyard TM will pop up if I'm lucky! 

I must say though, considering they were £80 new, I'm pretty impressed with the weight and (general) build quality. 

11 minutes ago, RussHampson said:

Cheers, I'll have a look into it! 

Yeah, it's not a massive problem, but it means that quite often the very first round of my magazine won't chamber which is my main issue with it. 

Many rifles do that. Most of mine do. 

• Supporters

If the first BB is not loaded then it's some different problem. The nozzle stopping anywhere in the cycle is fine.

Maybe the BB's path into the chamber is not free, maybe the magazine is not pushing them with enough force.

Archived