Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock SCAR's first little hiccup

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Far from a major issue, guns still shooting awesome, but yesterday the metal plate that's part of the blowback mechanism and also covers the hop up unit Stopped sliding back with the rest of the mechanism. Can still adjust the hop up from the magwell, but it would be nice to have it all working as intended again, makes things easier. Anyone else experienced this or have any knowledge on the TM NGRS? The plate still slides back if I use to flat head to force it, but stops earlier than it should and snaps back when released. My guess is its snapped or broken off from the rest of the mechanism, but there's no noise of any loose or broken parts rattling around inside nor was their any indication anything was wrong until I tried to adjust the hop and found it wasn't sliding back. 

Heres the part I mean for clarity, any help appreciated. 

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/720/s/tokyo-marui-scar-l-blowback-unit-cover-for-scar-next-generation-recoil-shock-series/

I have not experienced that with my TM SCAR H, but when I did upgrade mine I made sure that all the metal recoil parts and unit were siliconed and cleaned for smooth movement. There could be broken part which might have fallen out, so do not dismiss that you can’t hear anything broken.  How long have you had the scar? You could send it back to where you bought it from or you could open it, but that depends on your knowledge of internals of the NGRS systems. 

Let know how you get on and what you decide to do.

Had it for almost a year and a half and it was upgraded last December so no chance of returning it. Its been used pretty heavily this year and this is the first issue I've had with it. Not a big problem, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there may me a simple solution or fix. Opened up some of my cheaper guns but Im not sure I want to start messing with my TM SCAR. I'll do a bit more digging.

Eagle six do a good video of a scar take down.  It is very straight forward, just don’t rush it.

It was upgraded by eagle 6. I'll take a look at the video and see how difficult it looks. Cant imagine too much will have to come off to get to the blowback unit cover to see whats up.

• 1 month later...

Hi mate have you got this sorted? 

I have the same problem stripped it down and my problem is the bit of plastic that the cover sits in on the blowback slide.

The little bit I mean is on the bottom on the circled part in the picture, looks like a little tab.

I'm struggling to find the replacement part though 

20191124_115904.jpg

If you take the top rail off the lower receiver then you can see straight away if the piece is broken. Here's a link to the video I used, it's about 3/4 away through when he rebuilds the top rail. 

Archived