Recommend me Some PC Games!

Philby21

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

18 hours ago, mowej said:

I would appreciate if someone could point out some good PC games for me. Offline and online, doesn't matter. I've only got 2 PC games right now which are Starcraft II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm really thinking of getting Far Cry 2. -Btw, my setup is able to play probably any game with ease.

Far cry 2

Yeah far cry 2 is a minor classic.  So is far cry 3 as it gives some problems with 2.  Neither are perfect but still really quite excellent

If you're in the market for older games, battlefield 4 gave me many hundreds of hours of multiplayer fun, it's still going strong. In fact all the recent bf games are good.  The newest, 2042, is now a decent game after a really rocky start.

On 24/12/2023 at 22:49, mowej said:

I would appreciate if someone could point out some good PC games for me. Offline and online, doesn't matter. I've only got 2 PC games right now which are Starcraft II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm really thinking of getting Far Cry 2. -Btw, my setup is able to play probably any game with ease.

Baldurs gate 3 - without doubt, the best game of the year, I'd argue decade. The depth the lore the replayability, the characters, the builds, I could go on. 150hours for the whole game including side quests or 70 for main quests. 

Or get xbox game pass (pc or console) and get free games 

If that's not your thing, dishonored 1 or 2 is good, like Hitman but set in the industrial times.

Hitman 3 - above but modern

Halo 

i still think divinity original sin is great but is easily trumped by Bg3

Planet zoo 

Steam have a sale on right now, I think its only 10% off so you can try other places but it's an easy way to pick up cheap games. 

To be fair, all of the games that I mentioned in your original quote I actually think I still play them or at least would if I wasn't doing other things.

I've got quote a few in my Steam library but the ones I actually play predominately are: 

Total War Empire / Attila

Age of Empires 2 - childhood nostalgia

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series (I need to try the Gamma/Alpha mods) 

DAYZ

If you've never played them before, I'd recommend the METRO series- good single player games

Things I'm playing, or loved recently(ish)..

Tarkov

Halflife alyx

Fez

Project zomboid

Unrailed (with the kids)

Retro stuff using a myioo mini plus.

Mostly 16 bit era or neo geo with Metal slug.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.