Rotary hop up arm isn't moving

trooper2216
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I've got a G&G Raider 2.0E L with a G&G rotary hop up exactly like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZRmDjd3PnA

I've flat hopped this thing but find that the hop up's arm appears to be stuck. I can turn the adjustment wheel round and round either clockwise or anticlockwise and while it clicks with each adjustment the arm itself doesn't move up or down.

Have I busted it somehow?

Thanks for replying.

I mean with it disassembled and out of the gun the hop-up arm doesn't physically move. There's a spring under the end of the hop up arm that's nearest the rotary dial and I imagine it's job is to push that end up so the other end goes down and pushes the nub into the hop up rubber. I just can't see the rotary dial doing anything whatsoever.

Usually on rotary hops there is a groove in the wheel that the end of the hop arm fits into. As the wheel rotates the groove moves the arm. Your arm may have popped out of the groove. Worth a look.

Hi Nick.

Yep, I see that groove now. I think what's happening is that the little plastic nub on the back of the hop up arm should slot into that groove but now I'm convinced that it's been worn down and unable to slot into the groove on the adjustment wheel. Probably because of me messing about trying to get it all back together again. You live, you learn.

So I guess it's now time to get another hop up unit. From what I'm reading a Lonex seems to be the way to go. Metal this time!

Yep, the end of the arm should slot into the groove. Try 'persuading it' to pop into the groove before you bin the unit

Nah, I've totally wrecked this one. I think because I was too thick to get how the hop up arm worked with the adjustment wheel, so with my figuring out how it worked i've worn down that little bit on the lever that slots into the wheel. Like I said you live, you learn. Though to be honest a few minutes thought could have saved me a bit of hassle.

Thanks Nick and Monkeywrencher for helping but this one's beyond rescue. I can't find replacement hop up levers so ordered a Lonex hop up. At £15 delivered it's not an outrageous price to pay for this lesson :)

Archived