Modern Warfare Open Beta

tasum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think that this will be available for consoles this weekend, possibly from tonight? 

Sorry to be vague, but Activision and my Xbox are conspiring against me to make me feel old and incapable of navigating to anything remotely useful when trying to find out.

Hopefully, some of you more capable bods will be able to work it out.

It looks great and having had loads of fun playing the Breakpoint beta, I'm looking forward to some Soapy wet work.

Anyone pre-ordered? 

• Supporters

Not a fan personally. Needs a lot of balancing before the game goes live. 

At the moment time to kill is like 0.2 seconds and the killstreak spam is insane. Maps are far too small for the amount of players on them. Spawns are pretty broken, too. Lack of minimap feels weird but it's whatever. Me and two friends had connection issues - bad netcode. Map lighting and certain perks rewards camping. Also fuck that cave map in particular lol.

It's got potential but it's way overhyped right now and these issues are drowned out.

• Supporters

My sons downloading it now, poxy slow internet in my neck of the woods, hopefully I'll get to have a go later, roll on the camping ️ lol

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a new thread... so thought I'd ask here whether anyone is playing CoD now it's had the full release?

I've been enjoying it, although it's proving hard to use anything apart from the M4 (which seems to be the most invincible weapon on offer). Currently running the SCAR, which is sluggish but a fun change of pace.

I thought the campaign was very good, especially the two missions wearing NODs (Clean House and Going Dark).

33 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Didn't want to start a new thread... so thought I'd ask here whether anyone is playing CoD now it's had the full release?

I've been enjoying it, although it's proving hard to use anything apart from the M4 (which seems to be the most invincible weapon on offer). Currently running the SCAR, which is sluggish but a fun change of pace.

I thought the campaign was very good, especially the two missions wearing NODs (Clean House and Going Dark).

Im liking it, particularly gunfight. Claymores need to fuck off though 🙄

Try the MP5 😉

3 hours ago, E21A said:

Im liking it, particularly gunfight. Claymores need to fuck off though 🙄

Try the MP5 😉

Haha! You'd hate me... I love spamming claymores, especially on Domination and Headquarters matches 😜 (those pop-up landmines are pretty evil too).

Yeah will try the MP5. Also tempted by the double-barrel shotgun, which seems like a lot of fun on the more CQB maps.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Haha! You'd hate me... I love spamming claymores, especially on Domination and Headquarters matches 😜 (those pop-up landmines are pretty evil too).

Bastard!!! 😂

35 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Yeah will try the MP5. Also tempted by the double-barrel shotgun, which seems like a lot of fun on the more CQB maps.

Speed orientated setup with MP5 seems to work well for me.  

• Supporters

Lol, not tried this one yet, what's it like for camping opportunities ?

dad-whats-camping_o_1057503.jpg

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, E21A said:

It’s pretty bad 

Great, I do like a bit of camping, I'm the same when I'm Airsofting lol, too old for that running around palaver 😁

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Great, I do like a bit of camping, I'm the same when I'm Airsofting lol, too old for that running around palaver 😁

Ah, you’re one of “those” types are ya 🙄😂

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, E21A said:

Ah, you’re one of “those” types are ya 🙄😂

😛images (2).jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2019 at 18:31, hitmanNo2 said:

I don't know, it's quite refreshing to have a shotgun in a video game that doesn't feel like it's shooting confetti with a 2m effective range.

Sniping across a map with one though is a bit much 😂

I'm enjoying it, completed the single player the day it came out on realism or whatever the hardest difficulty was and was surprised how easy it was compared to past games. Working my way slowly through the achievements and multiplayer. I must say I'm a massive fan of the M91 and Scar (although I hate Scar's ergonomically) the MP5 is a right beast. Glad the had actual input from retired seals for the single player not sure how much Lucas Botkin (T-Rex Arms) had a hand in what parts of the game but never the less its certainly becoming my favorite game of this year...so far (on xbox)

39 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Sniping across a map with one though is a bit much 😂

I'm enjoying it, completed the single player the day it came out on realism or whatever the hardest difficulty was and was surprised how easy it was compared to past games. Working my way slowly through the achievements and multiplayer. I must say I'm a massive fan of the M91 and Scar (although I hate Scar's ergonomically) the MP5 is a right beast. Glad the had actual input from retired seals for the single player not sure how much Lucas Botkin (T-Rex Arms) had a hand in what parts of the game but never the less its certainly becoming my favorite game of this year...so far (on xbox)

Lucas Botkin did all the motion capture for weapons manipulation/manual of arms. Hence all the slick reloads and slight of hand being a different movement etc. 

Think he also had some input on the attachments and paint jobs too. 

Archived