ACETECH Lighter S Tracer Unit Issue

Yetiwatch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Yeah I wasn't impressed with my. Lighter S, it did the sporadic not working even though fully charged etc

A couple of months ago I (stupidly) bought a Brighter C. 

Lights up BBs brilliantly.  But the flashing LEDs when just idling (I. E. On but not shooting) were a huge beacon during a night game, so very hard to sneak about before shooting. 

Ah, I ran my AT2000R for the first time at the weekend and had the flashing whilst not shooting happen to me. I had assumed it was due to low battery (had done maybe 3000+ rounds in the morning) but then off/on seemed to resolve it. One to watch perhaps.

My unit has been fine since I bought it ages ago.

I feel like I am missing out by not getting to smash it into tiny pieces.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

My unit has been fine since I bought it ages ago.

I feel like I am missing out by not getting to smash it into tiny pieces.

Go on, treat yourself. :D

They work fine while they work, there's nothing wrong with the design as such.  They just seem to be quite fragile.

Oh, the blinkenlight on my 2nd unit has given up the ghost as well, which is actually a relief.

Just to indulge a pet theory are you guys suffering issues after playing in a wet/damp environment? My old Lighter S that I ended up returning to Amazon seemed to die entirely after playing a particularly wet night out and the units definitely aren't water tight. Would be suprised if thats the case for everyone but still something to consider so thought I'd chime in.

• Supporters

Only ever used indoors, and stored inside.  After some magnified viewing, there are some solder points that are very close together and not the neatest, so it is entirely possible that they're shorting themselves out in the damp.  That's why I gave mine an isopropanol brushing, to try and remove any spatter or tracking, and it does seems to have sorted it for now.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.