Is it just me or ?

Guyver1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Who else  gets all "hot and sweaty" when you see this ?

Real Steel SRS HTI .50 BMG at deserttech.com

image.thumb.png.9042a306eb0ada5c2dc99e9c2e8ec2ac.png

Airsoft version

image.png.42a286e7d5d48de71647246d094789ec.png

It' s a LOT of money ?

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i mean if you want it enough then that's how much it takes to get one.

this hobby is what you make of it, you can have fun with a £150 gun or a £1500 gun, really doesn't matter.

Unless the wife finds out lol, & then she's wearing your nuts as earrings 🤕

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Who else  gets all "hot and sweaty" when you see this ?

Real Steel SRS HTI .50 BMG at deserttech.com

image.thumb.png.9042a306eb0ada5c2dc99e9c2e8ec2ac.png

Airsoft version

image.png.42a286e7d5d48de71647246d094789ec.png

It' s a LOT of money ?

It makes me hot and sweaty just thinking about lugging that thing around only to fire the exact same BB at the exact same speed and frequency of any other bolt action, heh

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Unless the wife finds out lol, & then she's wearing your nuts as earrings 🤕

Bin off the wife, split the money you save between airsoft and hookers/cocaine and live happily ever after 

• Supporters

Nope , does sweet F’all for me .

On 17/09/2019 at 18:19, Adolf Hamster said:

..., you can have fun with a £150 gun or a £1500 gun, really doesn't matter.

I'd argue you'll probably have more fun with the cheaper one because there will be an expectation of super performance with the expensive one that likely won't be fulfilled.

In airsoft its possible to have a MK23 perform just as well as a '.50 BMG'

Remember when everyone lost their shit over the barrett .50's and soon after they were up for sale on the forums because no-one wanted to lug that piece of crap around all day. Saying that (and I assume that the brand is silverback) silverback do run pretty damn well out of the box from what I've seen.

Thanks for all the posts and opinions guys. You lots are why i hang out here 👍.

@Adolf HamsterThe cost,  i get it, if you want it then thats how much it costs. Simples..

@Tackle @E21A  IF and its quite a big IF i go for it, the wife will be partially informed (i may miss a zero out )so my nether regions stay intact 🙄

@proffrinkThe weight, completly understand. I "hump" a G28 around most of the time, its heavy but this one is in a different league of heavy. 6kgs according to the spec sheet. Might be a "morning gun" when you are fresh.

My battle buddy has a Barett .50, its only marginally heavier than than a G28. Altho it took a lot of fettling to get it to where he was happy with it.

@EDcasePerformance compared to other Bolt actions, it will fling bits of round plastic in or around the same place as other bolt actions. It should be "decent" as @clumpyedge points out its a silverback, from what i see they are known for performing well out of the box.

Fun factor, well that as you all know is entirely subjective, kind of goes to what you want from airsoft and how and where you play. TBH i have a "thing" for larger callibre Sniper/DMRs, I do really like a Cheytac Intervention, Barett M82 , The M99 AMR etc etc ...

Time (and the Wife) will tell.... 😁

Go for whatever pea shooter makes you happy mate 👍

I tell my wife (and myself) 'its an investment' because I can sell it later and possibly even for more if it becomes collectable 🤣

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

@proffrinkThe weight, completly understand. I "hump" a G28 around most of the time, its heavy but this one is in a different league of heavy. 6kgs according to the spec sheet. Might be a "morning gun" when you are fresh.

I’m with you on the weight thing , not bothered at all humping a heavy gun around .

if a gun is heavy in the real world then I want the ‘toy’ to have some heft to it as well , t’is the whole point of a RIF looking like a real gun after all , I’d be VERY disappointed if you pick up the Airsoft one and it ways rock all compared to the real one , for me any way it becomes a case of well what’s the point  ? 

11 hours ago, Immortal said:

I like them to feel as heavy as the RS, adds to the immersion factor.

I know it's just a game but those little factors factor. :lol:

Yeah i know what you mean. Altho the "little factors" like 5 or 6 kgs are not so little on the last game of the day when you are knackered 😁

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Yeah i know what you mean. Altho the "little factors" like 5 or 6 kgs are not so little on the last game of the day when you are knackered 😁

That’s when the MP5/mp7/Glock full auto comes out ! 😰😂😂😂

Archived