New Player - East Surrey - Questions/Excitement/More Questions and it's a bit expensive?.... :-/

Frankie10022
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say Hi!!...

Went to my first airsoft game (Driver Wood - Copthorne) a couple of weeks ago... had lots of fun, and looking forward to going back again soon...

I've been watching lots of youtube and reading up on the forums...

Already got eye pro (Empire Helix)... gloves and walking boots...

Next on the shopping list...

Viper Tactical Elite Kneepad Trousers (£50)... like these cos they have integrated knee pads...

Viper Mesh-Tech Armour (£15)

PTS EPM M4 Mid Cap 150rd Magazine x 2 (£40) because winding the hi cap mag... is gonna get boring... very quickly...

Nuprol Ultra M4 Mag Fast Loader (£25)

And then once I get my UKARA...

G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider 2.0 (£150) good starter gun... from what I can tell.... planning to play outside... but also a bit of CQB in the future...

Nuprol 9.6v 1600mah NIMH Nunchuck Crane Stock Type Battery (£20)

Battery Charger (£20)

Carry Bag (£25)

Then maybe a red dot... front handle... not sure yet...

How does that all sound? Am I on the right lines...??

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong place... :)

Cheers

Frank

• Supporters
On 17/09/2019 at 15:16, Frankie10022 said:

Nuprol 9.6v 1600mah NIMH Nunchuck Crane Stock Type Battery (£20)

Battery Charger (£20)

Why buy obsolete technology?  Especially from those shysters at Nuprol.

7.4V lipos from www.hobbyking.com and a SKYRC B6 charger all the way.

33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

7.4V lipos from www.hobbyking.com and a SKYRC B6 charger all the way.

Don't I need a gun with a mosfet - otherwise i could drain it too much.... ???

Was looking at this Classic Army M4 10″ ASR4 ETU £170... it comes with a mosfet as part of the trigger system... super snappy firing... what the reviews online...

Thanks for the tip... I'll defo take a look at a Lipo... when it comes to batteries... etc...

Cheers

Frank

• Supporters

No, you're fine running 7.4V in a G&G.  Just change batteries half way through the day, or if it start struggling.  HobbyKing is so cheap that you can literally buy pairs of lipos there for what you'd pay for one elsewhere.

+1 to cheap chargers being a false economy.  For what I wasted on nimh and then lipo "smart" chargers, I could have gone straight to a SKYRC IMAX B6 which will charge just about anything at any rate that you want it to.

If your budget runs to £170 or so, we're liking the Specna Arms EDGE series at the moment.  MOSFETs, tight bore barrels, rotary hops, quick change springs - there's a lot of good stuff in there for the money.

On 17/09/2019 at 15:16, Frankie10022 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to say Hi!!...

Went to my first airsoft game (Driver Wood - Copthorne) a couple of weeks ago.

You might want to try out dogtag airsoft up the road in faygate, a much better site 😉

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

No, you're fine running 7.4V in a G&G.  Just change batteries half way through the day, or if it start struggling.  HobbyKing is so cheap that you can literally buy pairs of lipos there for what you'd pay for one elsewhere.

+1 to cheap chargers being a false economy.  For what I wasted on nimh and then lipo "smart" chargers, I could have gone straight to a SKYRC IMAX B6 which will charge just about anything at any rate that you want it to.

If your budget runs to £170 or so, we're liking the Specna Arms EDGE series at the moment.  MOSFETs, tight bore barrels, rotary hops, quick change springs - there's a lot of good stuff in there for the money.

Thanks for the info...

I'm a bit lost...??? Apologies... do I need to spend £35 on a charger? or will the £16.55 be ok.... I understand that I need to get a quality charger, just don't want to buy something that is top end... if it's not required...

image.thumb.png.851b45b017a888f2681fd4feafc511f6.png

re : Specna Arms EDGE  : that's a GREAT SHOUT... I'm been researching it... and it looks great... a perfect first time gun... I like the look of the E08 - short CQB... with m-lok... would you run a v7.4... or v11.1...

Many Thanks....

And apologies for all the noob questions!!! :)

16 hours ago, E21A said:

You might want to try out dogtag airsoft up the road in faygate, a much better site 😉

Thanks for the tip... I'll defo give it a try once I'm a little more experienced and feel like I want to take on something different...

Have you been to Driverwood recently...?? From what I understand... they have put more money into the site... I thought it was really well set up, run and excellent value for money... My nephews who have been to both site... again, commented on how well the site it turned out...

Anyhow, I'll defo give dogtag airsoft a go!!

Cheers

Specna Arms Edge are awesome 👍

The £34.14 charger is the standard many use.

If you're serious about this hobby then its the minimum one to get.

If really strapped for cash then the £19.51 will do but less trustworthy as its a copy of the real thing so not as well made.

(Look for the UK plug version)

NEVER leave chargers running overnight or unmonitored.

Archived