MilSim / BattleSim teams around London/SE England? Looking to join

CDT-BABZ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm looking to join an Airsoft team, preferably one that does MilSim/BattleSim type events? I'm based in London but prepared to travel around and can pay petrol money for those longer journeys.

Other than these forums, is there anywhere else I should be looking to join a team? And does anyone know of any MilSim events in and around the London area? I've seen Stirling Airsoft but I think they're up north in Catterick/Yorkshire which I don't mind going to if I'm based in a team? Happy to travel locally first.

Thanks,

Babz

28 minutes ago, CDT-BABZ said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to join an Airsoft team, preferably one that does MilSim/BattleSim type events? I'm based in London but prepared to travel around and can pay petrol money for those longer journeys.

Other than these forums, is there anywhere else I should be looking to join a team? And does anyone know of any MilSim events in and around the London area? I've seen Stirling Airsoft but I think they're up north in Catterick/Yorkshire which I don't mind going to if I'm based in a team? Happy to travel locally first.

Thanks,

Babz

First off, try not to make the same thread twice. 

I know you are new to the sport, so it might seem strange but there are very few teams in comparison to the amount of players that play. Typically people are asked to join, the individual doesn't ask the team. 

Generally teams aren't formed online. You need to go out to some skirmishes to meet people play regularly and eventually get asked. It really is the best way of forming a stable long lasting team. Any other way is just frustrating as people are never on the same page, aren't committed to each other and don't get on when they finally do meet. I know you want to jump straight into the world of Milsim, but please consider doing the following first.

Start out with regular skirmishes and get your UKARA if you haven't got it yet. Many milsims will not allow two tone rifles so it would be useful to get. You will also get used to how people play and the general gist of what is supposed to occur on any given day.

There are no Milsims inside the M25. There is just no site big enough to do it. Legion run a fair few day long battlesims to get your appetite whetted at Longmoor South West of Guildford which is the closest to London that I have found. Once you have completed a few skirmishes, sign up to a Battlesim solo, turn up, Team up with people you meet there and see where it takes you. 

On occasion Airsoft Plantation run weekenders which are less Milsim and more fun cartel games with an emphasis on fun. Airsoft Billericay also run competition style tournaments, but again, its not Milsim. 

In addition from the your last thread, the UK does not have a large serious Milsim player base like the states, I haven't come across any large scale things like Milsim West. 

• Supporters

hey babz, use the search function for"teams", there's been a lot of discussions on here, guys like yourself & a lot of advice given, maybe read through some of the other threads, esp regarding the potential pitfalls before joining a team, sometimes best to approach it from another angle.

plus I've dealt with some guys in dedicated milsim teams, nice enough guys but complete walts who believe their own bs lol, so good luck.😉

13 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

First off, try not to make the same thread twice. 

I know you are new to the sport, so it might seem strange but there are very few teams in comparison to the amount of players that play. Typically people are asked to join, the individual doesn't ask the team. 

Generally teams aren't formed online. You need to go out to some skirmishes to meet people play regularly and eventually get asked. It really is the best way of forming a stable long lasting team. Any other way is just frustrating as people are never on the same page, aren't committed to each other and don't get on when they finally do meet. I know you want to jump straight into the world of Milsim, but please consider doing the following first.

Start out with regular skirmishes and get your UKARA if you haven't got it yet. Many milsims will not allow two tone rifles so it would be useful to get. You will also get used to how people play and the general gist of what is supposed to occur on any given day.

There are no Milsims inside the M25. There is just no site big enough to do it. Legion run a fair few day long battlesims to get your appetite whetted at Longmoor South West of Guildford which is the closest to London that I have found. Once you have completed a few skirmishes, sign up to a Battlesim solo, turn up, Team up with people you meet there and see where it takes you. 

On occasion Airsoft Plantation run weekenders which are less Milsim and more fun cartel games with an emphasis on fun. Airsoft Billericay also run competition style tournaments, but again, its not Milsim. 

In addition from the your last thread, the UK does not have a large serious Milsim player base like the states, I haven't come across any large scale things like Milsim West. 

Apologies. My last thread was in the New joiner section so was worried it didn't get a lot of views/traction compared to this general section.

Ah I wasn't aware of this. So I can rock up to Legion in Longmoor as an individual and basically 'team-up' with other people there in squads etc? 

I've seen some amazing you tubers like MattTheMusketeer, Random Trashy etc who look like they're in teams, so thought it was quite general, but are you saying it's more the norm for people to attend these Milsim events as individuals and then get placed in teams when they're there? If that's the case, how do tactics, radio setups etc work?

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

hey babz, use the search function for"teams", there's been a lot of discussions on here, guys like yourself & a lot of advice given, maybe read through some of the other threads, esp regarding the potential pitfalls before joining a team, sometimes best to approach it from another angle.

plus I've dealt with some guys in dedicated milsim teams, nice enough guys but complete walts who believe their own bs lol, so good luck.😉

Yeah I can imagine seeing Walts rock up and ruin the event, I'm definitely going into the mindset of this being purely for fun/sport/staying fit, but with that, I do want the added sense of realism where tactics, good comms and drills come into play, as that's one of the things I miss

• Supporters

yep, of course you can turn up on your own, we're generally a very welcoming bunch so getting chatting to your teammates is pretty much guaranteed.

as for teamwork, "drills" etc, being part of a team doesn't guarantee "skilz", seen many teams that looked more like an attempt at herding cats than a slick bunch of operators.

as fir youtubers, tbh only aspect to airsoft I look up on there is kit reviews in thinking about investing in, so called professional youtubers are all about endorsement & product placement, & their vids are heavily edited to make them look like the gods they are NOT, its pathetic & an indictment of the social media brainwashed herds that make up a large percentage of the populace.

just get yourself booked in to some games, use the forum search functions fir advice on necessary kit for games longer than 12hrs, & ffs, don't join a team with an "open door policy" on recruitment, YOU WILL REGRET IT 😉.

ps. Keep an open mind to whether your committed 100% to pure milsim, the reality may not meet your expectations, so immediately looking for a team may be a bit premature, its a bit like the number of players that buy that first sniper rifle, convinced they're the next Bob Lee Swagger, only to find they don't have the patience, cant master the fieldcraft & quickly get fed up with being outgunned by aeg's.

Archived