** Update: Sat' 21st Sept.** Which is the best full sized Glock for upgrading?

Tabitha
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening,

I have an immediate choice/idea that comes to mind, namely the TOKYO MARUI GLOCK 17 GBB pistol, but I am not dumb enough to not utilize the groups knowledge, so, here's my question;

Which make, model, Gen., of Glock pistol is the most customizable, simplest, NOT stupidly expensive to upgrade over time?

When I talk of upgrading, I'm talking about upgrading to a metal slide, outer barrel, (Guarder kit as an example), inner parts like magazine release, slide stop lever, slide lock, etc.

I own a TM G26 with upgraded ( metal slide, outer barrel, internal springs, Guarder parts basically ), slide lock, slide stop lever, safety slide switch, (located under the frame), magazine eject, magazine.

As always, you guys talk and I will listen.

It doesn't have to be a model 17, I'm only assuming that with the comanality of the model that many upgrsde options would exist.

Thanks guys

Tabi

⚠️UPDATE:- SATURDAY 21st SEPT.⚠️

Thank you ALL for your suggestions / recommendations, for full sized Glocks.

I am DEFINITELY still interested in everyone's thoughts and recommendations, please still/post send them. Something has happened to put my Glock purchase on hold, for a little bit. In a nutshell, yesterday I formally signed some legal paperwork to officially adopt and care for two beautiful kitties, from my local Cats Protection Sanctuary. The very few people that are aware of my background will know that I am a "Cat Person", lol. Beyond the comical stereotype of being a cat person, it is true to say that their wellbeing is MASSIVELY above almost all other personal priorities. So it was simply a choice between buying a new pistol, or give my two new family members the lives they deserve.

Guess which I chose, immediately, 😹

Why did I just explain all of that?

Because I don't wish anyone to feel I have wasted their time asking for their suggestions. Not my intention. My purchase of a Glock is simply paused for now, not scrapped.

Thank you for your help guys.

😸

Tom.

P.S - Fluffy (Grey) and Munchkin (Midnight black) . . Their existing names, subject to be changed, once I've spoken to them and asked what their wishes are on the matter. 😹🤣

20190920_155115.jpg

20190920_154909.jpg

G17 is the way to go, no doubt, if you want to upgrade over time, it’s definitely the best platform.

Personally, I’d always choose a TM if you intend to improve it, as it’s great out of the box

Cheers!

This was my thinking straight away. I wanted to make sure first though.

Only left hospital on Tuesday afternoon so still feeling very unsure of things, myself included! I'm still falling asleep through out the day, repeatedly, due to exhaustion and fatigue, so I'm only half awake at most times.

😁

I'd like to just ask, if it even makes a difference, other than visually/aesthetically, is there a particular generation of model 17 that I should be looking towards?

Gen. 3, Gen. 4, Gen. 5?

I apologise if that question is a daft one. Things being what they are, I can't afford, funds wise, to rush in and loose what little money I have on the wrong purchase due to my not being 100% right on what I'm looking for.

😸 Time for Morphine and some rest.

Tom.

Personally I'd go with the TM g19 as it's got the better engine. Yes the 17 has more parts availability/support but I'd rather go with the one that works nicer from the off. Then when you get the metal slide on its not gonna crap out in the cold so easily.

Groovy.

Thanks guys. That confirms that I'm at least looking at the right section of TM's range.

😸

So this may not help, but I've just brought the umarex 19x and I must say it performs just as well as a TM, even in gas consumption. I'm not to sure how many upgrades their is for the umarex/vfc glocks but for straight out the box performance they are a true contender for marui's crown. 

I'll keep that in mind. Always good to look and see what the different models look like. Lots of ideas for custom upgrades!

😸

I have a WE G23, which has been faultless. I will admit the hip unit will be replaced,

but otherwise it has got me out of many difficult situations.

At some point I will upgrade the following, but after putting 200 more rounds through it;

Maple hop unit,

84mm TN barrel.

Brilliant! It's on my small list of Glocks to view!

Cheers!

😸

On 15/09/2019 at 19:13, Tabitha said:

P.S - Fluffy (Grey) and Munchkin (Midnight black) . . Their existing names, subject to be changed, once I've spoken to them and asked what their wishes are on the matter. 😹🤣

20190920_155115.jpg

20190920_154909.jpg

As a cat person myself who is unfortunately cat-less I whole heartedly approve the purchase of kitties over Glocks... over 1911's however...

Christ Rocket! You're arming your pets too!?! 😳

God help the poor bloody postman whom thinks it's only the family dogs' bite he need be worried about.

Look out Pat! Fido's packing an Uzi and is STILL pi×× about being neutered!

🤣😹

Yup Asomodai,

• Kitties happiness & safety.

• My testicles.

• Good quality toilet / Good quality bed.

• Ability to sneeze without breaking

wind and following through.

• Glocks.

• Good quality shower

• Well maintained sidearm of choice.

My priorities change somewhat 

day-by-day, but this is MY list.

😹🤣

28 minutes ago, Tabitha said:

Christ Rocket! You're arming your pets too!?! 😳

God help the poor bloody postman whom thinks it's only the family dogs' bite he need be worried about.

Look out Pat! Fido's packing an Uzi and is STILL pi×× about being neutered!

🤣😹

Yup Asomodai,

• Kitties happiness & safety.

• My testicles.

• Good quality toilet / Good quality bed.

• Ability to sneeze without breaking

wind and following through.

• Glocks.

• Good quality shower

• Well maintained sidearm of choice.

My priorities change somewhat 

day-by-day, but this is MY list.

😹🤣

My daughter (15) and her mum have four dogs, four tortoises, 3 chickens, 3 horses, 2 rabbits ha ha ha

On the umarex front as stock the efficiency isn't bad but they don't have as good range ,accuracy or cold weather performance. This said you won't get tm cold weather performance if you are swapping the slide anyway and the umarex with a nicer barrel, hop and efficiency upgrades could be a good more cost effective option already having a nice traded metal slide. Be interesting to compare and equally upgraded umarex and upgraded tm + nice aluminum slide. I doubt there would be much in it. On the cat front I tolerate them, especially mine. We rescued him from an idiot and I still care/pay for him.  Never would he get between me and buying guns though. Exactly the same can be said about the dog. Although I'm fonder of him, he's more rewarding. 

Archived