Cutting springs

Pewpewpetie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi to all, I have a specna sa-e13 and just sorted compression issue out and is now firing at 349-353. I removed the spring and cut 1 1/2 loops off and smoothed and flattened end so it sits right. Ruffly how much fps should I drop as I cannot chrono now untill game day. My local site is 350fps on aegs. And I'm hoping to be just under 340/345 now. I quite new to this so if it's a stupid question I apologise in advance.

I have a Specna SA-E04 and did the same to an M100 spring I re-fitted, was shooting around 370 fps and I cut 1 1/2 turns off it and it's right around 335-340 now. You should be well under the limit, being that close you might have tried fully compressing the spring to take the edge off it but it's been cut already. I would guess it'll be 320 ish  if you're on the same chrono you checked with last time.

I would rather buy a bunch of springs instead of cutting them.  Partly cos I can’t be bothered, but also in future I’m bound to have more RIF in the future,  so having loads of springs which perform at said fps I would say is a better option. Also sprin do not cost much.

On 13/09/2019 at 20:14, Stevo4345 said:

I have a Specna SA-E04 and did the same to an M100 spring I re-fitted, was shooting around 370 fps and I cut 1 1/2 turns off it and it's right around 335-340 now. You should be well under the limit, being that close you might have tried fully compressing the spring to take the edge off it but it's been cut already. I would guess it'll be 320 ish  if you're on the same chrono you checked with last time.

Took it out Sunday and chronoed at 345/347. Thanks for the reply

Archived