First gun advice needed

wil1hit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

just started in airsoft got a budget of £200 to 250. I like the look of the evolution and the g&g rifles, the evolution offers more for money. What rifle would people go for? doesnt have to be these brands but remember it will be my only gun for everything.

Have you been airsofting yet? If you have, speak to fellow airsofters if you see something that you like. As E21A said you will need to factor in those items too.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, wil1hit said:

the evolution offers more for money

Offers more what?

More value?  More pew?

Wait, what the Evolution brand rather than a Scorpion Evo?

Rewind, be kind: have you actually played?

• Supporters

In the kindest possible way what you really need to do is go back to looking at what guns you fancy , when you can list 3 or 4 specific guns you like the look of THEN come back and ask which one we’d recommend to get , unfortunately we can’t tell you which gun to get unless you give us some choices , only you can decide what you like , nobody else can do that for you .👍

On 13/09/2019 at 22:42, Druid799 said:

In the kindest possible way what you really need to do is go back to looking at what guns you fancy , when you can list 3 or 4 specific guns you like the look of THEN come back and ask which one we’d recommend to get , unfortunately we can’t tell you which gun to get unless you give us some choices , only you can decide what you like , nobody else can do that for you .👍

thanks for advice used to do paint balling so fairly used to the seen as the local areas tend to run both,but lost with whats best gun  for money i studied whats best brands and has ive sold some of my pcp air rifles dont mind spending out at a later date but i know if you buy crap to start with your just throwing money down the drain has you cant even give the things away lol 200-to 250 is what i will spend without batteries ,i know for that i should get something half decent , i like the look of some of the g&g rifles but what else compares speck wise thats half decent brand wise all the best will

On 13/09/2019 at 22:05, Rogerborg said:

Offers more what?

More value?  More pew?

Wait, what the Evolution brand rather than a Scorpion Evo?

Rewind, be kind: have you actually played?

g&g evolution i like that seems quite good

• Supporters

Oky coke mate my opinion (and it is just mine) ;

G&G basically all there guns are good .

Cyma for AKs don’t know what it is they do to them but there AKs are all awesome straight of the bat ! Can’t comment on there AR type guns as I’ve never had one but there M14’s are also very good . 

Specna are a new’ish brand that’s equally getting a very good name for themselves , I recently bought a gun from a new British brand called ‘Arthurian Airsoft’ the guns they sell as there own are Specna guns that have been tweaked and upgraded in the factory to AA’s specs and have to say it’s one of the best guns I’ve ever had and I’ve been playing near 20yrs now .

Krytec never had one but can say some love them others hate them . And the same goes for Ares guns .

As to some of the Chinese brands out there in the same price bracket (Jing Gong/army armourment/snow wolf/golden eagle) there all much of a muchness , on the whole good solid reliable clones of ‘quality’ brands that mite have some problems or mite not due to crappy QC in the factories.

Also be aware that if you buy a gun from ASG or Nuprol it could have been made by absolutely anyone ! There both just re-branders , they buy them in from who evers got what they want in China and just slap there own brand label on it , so a lot of new players fall in to the trap of thinking they made it , they didn’t , they just bought it from the wholesaler with the lowest price !

My CYMA M4 was the first gun I got and still going strong after 3 years. Very usable out of the box at 340fps.

I also recently got a Specna Arms Edge which is really really good.

Not tried G&G but they seem well rated.

I'd say most makes are OK these days for a first weapon, even the Chinese ones.  Quite a few are just re-sellers for OEM manufacturers as Druid said.

The only weapon make I would avoid is Nuprol.

You don't have to spend a huge amount on your first weapon because as you play you'll likely change what you want.

Then you can spend more on something else as you develop while its good to keep the first one as a backup.

• Supporters

The basic CYMA M4s are built down to a budget, and the plastic isn't as nice as (e.g.) G&Gs.  No frills, nothing fancy, not the best trigger response or ROF or hop units or barrels, but they project BBs more or less where you're aiming just fine.  Mine was even shimmed spot on.

They're cheap because they churn out so many of them, not because they don't work.

Simple copy and paste...

Before even thinking about any upgrades, you should do the following;

1. Get your UKARA.

2. Buy the RIF you want.

3. Use it for a while, get to know and what it can and can’t do.

4. Work from that point to upgrade.

5. Do it this way to make you money go further.

Don’t follow this, waste your time and money.

i think many would say the same thing!

Archived