P90 fuse blowing.

Smedic58
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I've recently bought a second hand Tokyo Marui P90 which I'm really pleased with, but it came minus it's battery.

I have two types of LiPo batteries, both VP airsoft.

One is a LP308 -  1450mAh, 7.4V, 25C, 10Wh. This powers the gun really well but doesn't fit 'cause it's physically too big for me to get the buttplate on.  The other is a LP301D - 1300mAh, 7.4V, 25C, 8Wh. This fits fine, but the guns fuse blows whenever I try to use it, which seems a little weird 'cause it's the least powerful of the two batteries..??

The only difference between the two is that the LP308 has a mini tamiya connector, and the LP301D has a deans so I'm having to use a adaptor to fit it to the gun.  Could the adaptor be the issue.?

I'm completely stumped.....Any help would be very gratefully appreciated..!!! 

This might seem like a silly question but does the adapter match the polarity correctly?

The capacity rating shouldn't make any difference, just a larger one will last longer.

Philby21 - It's not a silly question at all......in fact, you were spot on..!!

To be fair to myself, the reason I didn''t notice is that the polarity matched at the battery end and the wires at the gun end are predominantly black with only a small red stripe to indicate the polarity.

All is now well. many thanks for your help..!!

Archived