Best camo for forest?

Brambii
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Multi cam can work if you move right.   Though i found it worked particulary well in effective concealment for cqb in tall dried out grass...  for wooded greenery, russian digital flora.  But i tend to dress in theme with the gear i plan to use, not really the location im playing. 

Play style and movement is definately is the more important factor in...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

dpm is all right, flecktarn is good, digiflora is allright in the right situation.

but the key is how you move, or more correctly don't move. even plain olive can be effective if you're perched under a bush completely motionless.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Hermesh said:

Good movie, l understand it's making a bit of a comeback in certain circles, guess they're all sick of wearing multicam and looking the same. 

11 hours ago, Hermesh said:

It was a joke...

But with some truth in it..

Funny you should say that (even as a joke) as it adds a bit more credence to an article I read about the USN special warfare command recently that some units have been seen in old USN spec ops cut woodland bdu’s as a posed to AOR and MC kit , the idea was that its an attempt to try and distance themselves from all the bad PR there’s been in the press about the SEAL’s behavior on ops recently ?

Could be a possible ? OR could be utter bollox ? Who knows ! 😉

• Supporters
On 12/09/2019 at 20:34, lemon191 said:

Marpat

Equally conspicuous in all environments.

"If you move right" applies to anything including Tellie Tubbies suits.

UK airsofting generally means skulking through woods in overcast / shaded conditions.  That calls for Flecktarn or good old DPM, both of which are designed for ambushing Russkis in those conditions.

Any "multi" camo designed to work everywhere that's being Freedomised (stage whispers: BRIGHT SUNLIGHT, SCRUB AND DESERT) isn't going to work so well here.

I’ve recently swapped from DPM to Pencott Wildwood and am super happy with it. Works really well in British Woodland and has a more modern look being digital based. Also the Helikon kit which is an easy way to get Pencott here is IMO great quality and even greater value considering pants and top cost around £55 each.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Sorry to semi hijack - what's a good source for used flecktarn kit?
Which country's forces use it?
I'm using a DPM smock and trousers at the mo, when I'm not wearing a ghillie, but fancy a change...

it was/is ? Germany's camo, & included a desert version, which if I remember correctly is called tropentarn.

not sure who sells it, obviously there's loads floating around on ebay etc, what sorta sizes are you ?, I've got some bits in the loft but suspect they may be small/med sizes I picked for my son when he was younger.

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

it was/is ? Germany's camo, & included a desert version, which if I remember correctly is called tropentarn.

not sure who sells it, obviously there's loads floating around on ebay etc, what sorta sizes are you ?, I've got some bits in the loft but suspect they may be small/med sizes I picked for my son when he was younger.

Sadly I'm the size of a barge 😞 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

lol, me too, we've probably passed each other on the grand union 😜

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RossF said:

I’ve recently swapped from DPM to Pencott Wildwood and am super happy with it. Works really well in British Woodland and has a more modern look being digital based. Also the Helikon kit which is an easy way to get Pencott here is IMO great quality and even greater value considering pants and top cost around £55 each.

Ive got some Pencott greenzone trousers i wear with a coyote ubacs and chest rig ....not found a PC top by Helikon and like to match!

also the Helikon Pencott Wildwood as well, the MBDU

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/mundur-mbdu.html

very comfy and useful, more of an anatomical fit so be wary with sizing....well worth using the discount code i had at the time on Helikon! :D

occasionally use Atacs FG or camogrom,  but tbh, its airsoft so not gonna make a lot of difference if you moving to fast! :)

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Sorry to semi hijack - what's a good source for used flecktarn kit?
Which country's forces use it?
I'm using a DPM smock and trousers at the mo, when I'm not wearing a ghillie, but fancy a change...

There was a link floating around on here but i cant remember who posted it, some german retailer selling surplus absolutely dirt cheap.

I got mine in a random militaria shop in bavaria, absolute alladins cave of stuff although probably not the cheapest. Did get a lovely bergen though that's proved a very good investment.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Me three ! Should meet up for the ultimate juggernaut game ! 🦕🦕🦕😂😂

I suggest some genuine A-tacs FG for woodland, or even the newer FG-X for more dense areas.

Being an "organic" pattern it doesn't have any sharp edge like other patterns do and blends in really well with your surroundings. Repros may be too bright, more suited to dry, bare earth rather than proper foliage, but they still work reasonably well..

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Skara said:

Being an "organic" pattern it doesn't have any sharp edge like other patterns do and blends in really well with your surroundings.

What some players I know would call “for fuck sake stop fidgeting!” Camo , I find if you follow the proper principles of camouflage and concealment the older patterns work better but the newer patterns work better if you have zero patients and can’t keep still , like most airsofters ! 🤣🤣

Brent0331, check his vids! 

This Guy, has a lot of camo, his tactical knowledge is also Great to use! 👍

I’ve bought most of my camo, from his reviews. 

My next camo is this one, will add a pic when I get the chance.

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
2 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Here is my old mate Brent with a nice video on the subject. Take it away Brent....

Well watched the whole video , conclusions ? don’t think it’s any better than most other woodland based camo’s . Did wonder if that multicam set was chosen on purpose to make the GZ look better it looked very very faded  , reminded me of Chinese knock off’s after a couple of washes ! 

One thing that did really stand out to me was the speed the guy was moving , he was going way to fast you need to move half the speed he was moving at other wise it won’t matter WHAT camo your wearing your going to get noticed ! 😂 👍

So the moral of the story is if you know what your doing, you won’t be seen, shot or ambushed by the opposing side.... however with a lot of pyro grenades, you end up like the vid, @Rogerborg! 🤔

Had it done to me many times, when I’m in stealth mode! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

One day the perfect camo option.... 😜

0E000D06-33E5-44B2-A39A-8A12CCA76408.thumb.png.81da42a4e625d132bc1bc68b4e10868e.png

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

One day the perfect camo option.... 😜

0E000D06-33E5-44B2-A39A-8A12CCA76408.thumb.png.81da42a4e625d132bc1bc68b4e10868e.png

get yourself one of these, then when your in the foliage it'll just reflect what's around you, be like "The Predator" (I don't mean Jimmy Saville, although pretty sure he had a tracksuit like that 😞)

Sherief aka Surereef's Blog.jpg

• Supporters

Well when you come down to it near all camo is a compromise but every now and again you do find the environment that it’ll just make you disappear !😱

4CAE000E-F3AB-400F-BA1F-98CF4C8A4D4C.jpeg

Just bought the Chinese Type 07 Universal Camo!

Another one added to my collection, looking forward to testing it out! 😆

💷GAMBLE💷

CC17E5D8-297A-4680-BF1D-FB8CD291C1E2.thumb.png.d6c4114685c14ff2dd270f48e9712d88.png

1 hour ago, GAMBLE said:

Just bought the Chinese Type 07 Universal Camo!

Another one added to my collection, looking forward to testing it out! 😆

💷GAMBLE💷

CC17E5D8-297A-4680-BF1D-FB8CD291C1E2.thumb.png.d6c4114685c14ff2dd270f48e9712d88.png

space.png

Archived