Best camo for forest?

Brambii
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I recommend Russian  PARTIZAN M  reversible camo suit it has both summer and autumn camo in one so kills two birds with one stone, but it's a  bit pricey now that Russian kit is very popular but can found on the second-hand market. 

https://grey-shop.ru/Camouflage/Russian-Sniper-Suits/SSO-Reversible-Suit-PARTIZAN-M

Hey. 👋

Honestly you can use any Woodland based camo you want, depends on your style and price range? I’ve personal used 5 different types, they’ve all served me well and I still use them!

(Check the pics and hope it helps!) 🤔

DPM Woodland, why did they have to replace it!?....  😢👍

E83A47D2-1B9B-486F-B406-7DF3CE44939E.thumb.jpeg.1f146e1ce67513032c24faf4506fc28d.jpeg

Hunting camo, I use a poncho for the wet days or when I want to blend in more, I wear it over my BDU’s! 👍

(Wearing it over my DPM, above!)

46148DF1-18D5-48C0-91FA-038BA0929A20.thumb.png.494097b66a70cc20702e4cbdcd92dbac.png

Olive BDU, UK surplus, plain and simple, underrated but still effective!

(Also mix my green shirt, with brown cargo pants, like Deadpool reference!) 😂👍

753C47D4-5FD3-4A2C-A52F-C3046E33CC90.thumb.png.be7c32a8cab62e6ff135c4e2b2bf416f.png

695B80BD-06D3-4861-B13B-79B8FCA58CA4.thumb.png.51e297add0f6ec7586207bce47e79303.png

Ghillie suits, vary from design to price, mainly used by snipers, does get tangled up! 👍

6BA6C7AE-3237-40F7-B8C1-8091FDC2792C.thumb.png.2c62e0d039a38dec9891f160523e0c48.png

Will be getting a new camo to try out.... 🤔

2 hours ago, Supermoose said:

What type of Forrest and what Season?

Black forest gateaux, salt and pepper!!

Sorry... 

3 minutes ago, Brambii said:

Thank you and sorry for Rogerborg (by the way I didn't did this only for fetaures, my multicam really shines in forest) 

Yeah multicam is quite visible in most forests, even more so when people wear it in CQB :D 

As mentioned though, it does all depend on the forest and type of year, but +1 for flecktarn and DPM being pretty good most of the time in the UK

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Yeah multicam is quite visible in most forests, even more so when people wear it in CQB :D 

As mentioned though, it does all depend on the forest and type of year, but +1 for flecktarn and DPM being pretty good most of the time in the UK

Thanks, I will now be looking after some of these camos

14 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Black forest gateaux, salt and pepper!!

Sorry... 

e373c0fe751c9397e81b9181c8ed22f6.jpg.4b3aa41897ea4163995d94fedcb5cbdb.jpg

Camo for all occasions 

• Supporters

It very much depends on where the forest/woodland is, time of the year, type of tree, amount of light breaking through the trees and many other factors.

There's no best or one-size-fits-all option as they're so changeable throughout the year or even the day.

DPM, Flecktarn, and similar are popular and can be found very cheaply and then there's the more expensive options like A-tacs FG that will work too. Even tan, coyote brown and khaki's can work well to because of the colours we find in most of our wooded areas.

Pick what you like the look of, it'll be as good as anything else out there, day dependent.

• Supporters

Any green/brown/black based camo will work in the UK , but saying that as immortal already said it’s how you move and think is the most important camo of all . You bounce around the place gobbing off at the top of your lungs won’t matter wether your wearing a full gillie suit or purple trakkies your still going to get shot ! Stop moving around if you do need to move then do so slowly , if you do need to speak do it as quietly and as minimally as you can and if you think someone mite have seen you don’t move stay still (it’s variations of light you see not the actual thing that’s moving in woodland) and stick to the shadows . I’ve had very successful days in woodland wearing desert or tan gear just by applying these principles to how I play . 

PS . Asking which camo is best is no different to asking “which gun should I buy?” Both equally pointless questions as your asking someone to give you a subjective opinion on a topic , one mans ‘ultimate’ is another’s biggest piece of shit ! 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

PS . Asking which camo is best is no different to asking “which gun should I buy?” Both equally pointless questions

But necessary if you want to get your post count up to the point where you can access messaging and Marketplace offers.

Them's the rules.

I'm having a bit of a US Woodland revival at the moment, or is it just as new fetish? Anyway, classic, works well and isn't multi-cam...22d2c2_f342b97fefe14d22a4eb54b97ba65259_mv2_d_2667_4000_s_4_2.webp

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

MTP, one cammo, doesn't quite work anywhere !

Flektarn for woodland

No camouflage material will make you invisible.

Disruptive Patterns ...... the vast majority of what people think of about camouflage .... are to break the obvious shape of a person.

They are not about making the person invisible

If you have the perfect material but are silhouetted, shaded etc then you will stand out, if you aren’t obviously standing out but move then you become visible.

Standard British woodland DPM (which is no longer standard issue or stored but still officially exists) is the ‘optimum’ colour scheme pattern for Western Europe including the UK

But the Army changed the issue of both Woodland and desert DPM depending on environment to the sub optimal MTP

It is perfect for nowhere, but was replaced for extremely good reasons, and we had troops deployed to the ‘green’ zone standing out in every environment ending up dyeing their uniforms in country 

https://strikehold.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/afghan-camo-the-british-controversy/

C25B74FD-B6DD-4914-8EE0-DA8D07FC65BD.jpeg

I use the old style DPM woodland too as there are loads of cheap surplus items available.

It works well for UK summertime as I've had 'enemies' walk past me only feet away while being prone.  The key is not to move or do so very slowly.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Hermesh said:

I'm having a bit of a US Woodland revival at the moment, or is it just as new fetish? Anyway, classic, works well and isn't multi-cam...22d2c2_f342b97fefe14d22a4eb54b97ba65259_mv2_d_2667_4000_s_4_2.webp

I’ve got a ‘tears of the sun’ set up that is one of my more frequently used patterns , always liked US woodland . 

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got a ‘tears of the sun’ set up that is one of my more frequently used patterns , always liked US woodland . 

Good movie, l understand it's making a bit of a comeback in certain circles, guess they're all sick of wearing multicam and looking the same. 

1 hour ago, Hermesh said:

Good movie, l understand it's making a bit of a comeback in certain circles, guess they're all sick of wearing multicam and looking the same. 

Isn’t there a conflict there?

Camouflage so you aren’t seen, then different camouflage so that you look different?

Or is it really all down to the fashion parade? 

Archived