Can`t find a VFC H&K HK417D GBB

Masamune
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been looking on the net for a while now and while I have found SOME  they are out of stock. I really don`t want the AEG version. Anyone know if a person is selling used or new will pay good money for one or a website that I have not come across yet!

If it is anything like their 416 GBBR, buy something else.

Dreadful internals and a bang average performance do not do justice for the lovely externals.

Either buy a TM MWS or GHK M4 if you are looking for an AR style platform.  Of course, if you see the light and want an AK, go GHK AKM/AK74/RPK

It's a shame that they're sub par as I always loved the look of the GBB 417 when I was just window shopping airsoft bits... Would love to own one but not really worth the agg to either buy and essentially strip the VFC one or build one out of a MWS 😂

Thanks for the reply . All those links are for US and Asian store's ,only looking to by from the UK. Why so much hate for the gun? Looked at lots of review and they are all good. I'm still new to Airsoft ! What is MWS ?

MWS is basically TM GBBR M4.  You always should bear in mind with reviews - who is paying them to review the item or who has it been provided by for them to review.  Hence, most reviews online are not truly independent and are little more than advertising.  There are some YT channels that I trust with reviews.  Khanseb was one but he doesn't do airsoft videos anymore, and of more relevance to you is BadaBing who reviews GBBR rifles exclusively and is very good and very balanced about each weapon.  

VFC have a bad reputation (at least with GBBR, their AEGs are good) due to a number of different reasons over a number of different guns.  Generally, their mags leak gas, are not very gas efficient and the quality of some of the internal parts is lacking.  External quality is usually pretty good.  

I am a bit surprised that you are jumping straight into GBBRs as a beginner, whilst mechanically simpler to work on than AEGs they do take a lot of looking after and can be somewhat idiosyncratic.  My advice?  Buy a Tokyo Marui or GHK and leave it alone till something breaks.  Oh, and avoid WE at all costs :)

I just want to add a bit about vfc gas blow backs. they're reputation for being poor mostly comes from the older models such as the 416 as mentioned. and some models just have better alternatives out there (I'm thinking of the mp5 and mp7 particularly)

externally they are well built. at this point I will add the caveat that I do not own the 417 However I do own the MK11 Mod0 (SR25) which is internally very similar to the 417 with the exception of being semi only as per the RS.

internally they are now a lot better than they were, and pretty consistent but a new inner barrel and hop rubber will go a long way. However the main draw back with the 417 is that it has bolt bounce because the bolt return spring is too weak. with a stronger spring they will work well (you can see this in some of badabing's later videos)

so tldr; they are ok and can be made skirmish able but will take some work and regular maintenance. at the end of the day you buy one because it's an incredibly fun/loud/hardkicking gun that will make you grin. not because it's going to be doing 2” groups at 80meters because it ain't...

as for where you can get them... importing is pretty much the best way. and if you want to deal with a UK retailer have a chat with the guys at redwolf UK, they may be able to help.

10 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

so tldr; they are ok and can be made skirmish able but will take some work and regular maintenance. at the end of the day you buy one because it's an incredibly fun/loud/hardkicking gun that will make you grin. not because it's going to be doing 2” groups at 80meters because it ain't...

You've almost swung me back around to wanting one again 😂

Especially by reminding me exactly what it was that made me want it 

"it's an incredibly fun/loud/hardkicking gun that will make you grin"

realism aside, I think it's the main reason that most gbbr owners run them. I gave myself a right shock when I fired my sr25 for the first time... it was loud enough to make my ears ring and I actually had to do some recoil management for follow up shots... for an Airsoft gun that was new to me. 😂

and I'd had my mws for about 6 months at that point...

I keep getting headaches when playing with my GHK AKM.  I only recently realised it wasn't dehydration but the bloody loudness of the thing especially indoors.  Had more than one person enquiring as to what the hell it was making that racket......

12 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Airsoft royalty right here

You always this much of an asshat or do you practice?

Archived