U

HarryW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

I’d imagine £250-300. Top end of that probably. I purchased an Ares Stoner without mods for £180 recently.

Thats what they are completely stock. This has had like £400+ of upgrades to it and shoots like a laser

It's not brand new, it's second hand and nobody will know how well the upgrades have been done. And upgrades aren't always of any benefit, just different parts doing the same as the original...

3 minutes ago, Immortal said:

It's not brand new, it's second hand and nobody will know how well the upgrades have been done. And upgrades aren't always of any benefit, just different parts doing the same as the original...

I meant thats what they sell for second hand as stock. They tend to sell for right around £275. And some of the upgrades are about aesthetics and comfort instead of performance but the new hop up unit and tight bore inner barrel and bucking/nub etc have made this the best LMG I’ve ever used.

No way in hell will you get £600 for it.  Its second hand and as already stated just because its your dream gnu doesn't mean its someone elses. Don't ever expect people to pay for your 'upgrade' work...

• Supporters
On 06/09/2019 at 09:58, HarryW said:

the new hop up unit and tight bore inner barrel and bucking/nub etc have made this the best LMG I’ve ever used.

BUT equally the question would need to be asked how extensive is your experience with support guns ? There’s a guy at my home site who runs nothing but SG’s and his opinion on the topic is regarded as gospel ,  where as the opinion of a player who’s only had one or two ? See my point ? 

11 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

No way in hell will you get £600 for it.  Its second hand and as already stated just because its your dream gnu doesn't mean its someone elses. Don't ever expect people to pay for your 'upgrade' work...

I don’t understand where you’re coming from. These go for about £275 on the second hand market as stock. You’ve said that the upgrades I’ve put into it add no value. So if I were to change all the bits to as it is as stock and then sell the upgrade parts separately it’s now worth more? 

I asked for opinions and you gave me yours and I’m grateful for it I just politely disagree with it. A gun which fires at a higher rof, much greater range and with majorly improved accuracy surely must be worth more than the stock gun is. All the parts put into it and buying the gun itself approach £1000 so I don’t see what is so unreasonable about the price I have listed it for. Evidence being that I’ve now had 2 offers, admittedly off usedairsoft and not this site with both offers being over £500. 

I’m not trying to incite an argument only questioning the rationale behind your valuation as I personally did some research into what these have sold for in the past. The lowest I found was £220 and the highest was £320 second hand with no upgrades done at all. So the uncertainty here lies in the valuation of the upgrades I have done which you have said is zero. They have all been done to a high standard and I have experience in airsoft upgrades and I’ve spoken to and got recommendations from airsoft technicians and those who own and have personally upgraded this platform. 

Those people are what are called mugs.  Noone should pay £500 for that.

You have to understand that any buyer/we only have your word that your upgrades have improved it hence they are valueless.  You also need to factor in the fact you have cracked it open and it has no warranty any more as a result.  Then there is wear and tear and just general depreciation.  You wouldn't sell a used car for the same price as a new one would you?  Add in a different manufacturer engine now being used to power that car and you would absolutely be questioning why its now more expensive than a new one.  Add in the fact that this upgrade has been done by a complete amateur mechanic and you would have to be bonkers to buy that used car.    Why should airsoft guns be any different at all? 

You put stock into your upgrade parts, and we are telling you - all of us so far that you are misguided.  Surely, a collective bunch of experienced people, whom you have asked advice of should be paid attention to?  Seems odd to even ask advice if you are then going to go in the complete opposite direction. Anyway, good luck with the sale.

36 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Those people are what are called mugs.  Noone should pay £500 for that.

You have to understand that any buyer/we only have your word that your upgrades have improved it hence they are valueless.  You also need to factor in the fact you have cracked it open and it has no warranty any more as a result.  Then there is wear and tear and just general depreciation.  You wouldn't sell a used car for the same price as a new one would you?  Add in a different manufacturer engine now being used to power that car and you would absolutely be questioning why its now more expensive than a new one.  Add in the fact that this upgrade has been done by a complete amateur mechanic and you would have to be bonkers to buy that used car.    Why should airsoft guns be any different at all? 

You put stock into your upgrade parts, and we are telling you - all of us so far that you are misguided.  Surely, a collective bunch of experienced people, whom you have asked advice of should be paid attention to?  Seems odd to even ask advice if you are then going to go in the complete opposite direction. Anyway, good luck with the sale.

I disagree with the analogy to cars. First because it’s a completely different market than that industry. Second because it’s a lot easier to do work on airsoft guns than it is with cars for which you need to be a trained mechanic and it’s a lot harder to mess up airsoft upgrades. Third because the upgrade parts aren’t just replacements. Take for example, the new hop up unit is specifically designed as an upgraded part for this specific model and is pretty much a drop in upgrade which is easy to install yet costs £125 on its own to buy and get here as the only distributor is in the US. 

I agree with you that things depreciate that is clear. But across the board any gun being sold on the second hand market with upgrades fetches a premium compared to one as stock. For example, a scorpion evo on the second hand market tends to fetch around £250 but one with the evotek upgrade kit tends to fetch around £450. The upgrade parts in this gun have improved the rof from a poor 7rps to 28rps and the range was 30-40 metres and now has an effective range of 60-70 metres. That isn’t just my word it’s a tangible and noticeable improvement to the stock gun. It’s not on the advert but the piston has been replaced and the gears shimmed mainly because the piston teeth as stock are plastic. 

I asked advice because I was curious about other people’s input from those more experienced than me but that doesn’t mean that they’re correct. I disagree that I have been unreasonable or that I’m overvaluing what I’m selling but I do appreciate your input and the time taken to reply😊

• Supporters

real steel stoner has an average rate of fire of 11rps, how is increasing yours to 28rps an improvement ?.

22 minutes ago, Tackle said:

real steel stoner has an average rate of fire of 11rps, how is increasing yours to 28rps an improvement ?.

It’s 17 more

Or reload two and a half times as often

Second hand goods (and new goods) are always valued based on:

1) what a buyer is willing to pay

2) what a seller is willing to part with it for

3) how much the seller needs to get a sale / how quickly

4) how keen a buyer is on buying now or watching the market

Aftermarket modifications are either irrelevant to the buyer, or meet their needs

That will be affected by how interested and how keen the buyer & seller are on the timing

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

It’s 17 more

Aftermarket modifications are either irrelevant to the buyer, or meet their needs

That will be affected by how interested and how keen the buyer & seller are on the timing

11rps, imho, is loads in the real world, & for a sg is probably plenty adequate in airsoft, I just don't get "upgrading" it to 28, you can do that with any old run of the mill aeg, & prob do it in a much lighter & more manageable package.

as has been pointed out already, too many people "upgrade" stuff that actually doesn't need touching, & which could just easily deter a potential buyer from parting with their hard earned.

i don't think I'd touch if it was up for half what he's asking, the list of bits he's changed makes it sound like triggers broom lol.

10 hours ago, HarryW said:

I disagree with the analogy to cars. First because it’s a completely different market than that industry. Second because it’s a lot easier to do work on airsoft guns than it is with cars for which you need to be a trained mechanic and it’s a lot harder to mess up airsoft upgrades. Third because the upgrade parts aren’t just replacements. Take for example, the new hop up unit is specifically designed as an upgraded part for this specific model and is pretty much a drop in upgrade which is easy to install yet costs £125 on its own to buy and get here as the only distributor is in the US. 

I agree with you that things depreciate that is clear. But across the board any gun being sold on the second hand market with upgrades fetches a premium compared to one as stock. For example, a scorpion evo on the second hand market tends to fetch around £250 but one with the evotek upgrade kit tends to fetch around £450. The upgrade parts in this gun have improved the rof from a poor 7rps to 28rps and the range was 30-40 metres and now has an effective range of 60-70 metres. That isn’t just my word it’s a tangible and noticeable improvement to the stock gun. It’s not on the advert but the piston has been replaced and the gears shimmed mainly because the piston teeth as stock are plastic. 

I asked advice because I was curious about other people’s input from those more experienced than me but that doesn’t mean that they’re correct. I disagree that I have been unreasonable or that I’m overvaluing what I’m selling but I do appreciate your input and the time taken to reply😊

I think you are missing the point re upgrades and absolutely disagree with you that a gun with upgrades on the second hand market fetches a premium on the price.  

Another thing to consider with regards to any potential buyer is the opportunity cost.  IE What else could they buy for that £600 you are asking?  Hmm 2nd hand SG with upgrades of dubious provenance or brand new Tokyo Marui with money left over for magazines?  Or GHK top of the line GBBR with mags?  Insert manufacturer of choice but you get the idea....

My 2 cents i would buy

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-us-navy-mk23-mg-stoner-airsoft-gun-aeg

Before any second hand version with no warrenties.  You charging as new.....

I know im late to the party 

Archived