Pistol Accuracy

Marf83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I’ve been lurking around the forum for ages now & am now nearly there getting all my gear together to start playing.

i bought a WE F226 about a year ago along with 3 extra mags. I managed to break it last week so I ordered a TM P226 as I thought I would be able to benefit from the 4 existing mags.

Firstly I know a lot of people bang on & on about how good TM’s are, but seriously what a difference between the two...it’s brilliant.

i can hit a very small target at 30m no problems.

I was getting a bit exited with the plinking & changed mags to a WE one. Firstly it fits fine, however the accuracy & range dropped off considerably.

i checked the bb’s to make sure I’m using all the same weight...& I am.

can it really be just the magazine making all this fluctuation.

I am hoping I don’t have 4 useless paperweights on my hands.

Does anyone have anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Gas delivery consistancy will make a big difference i noticed the same issues running WE mags in my TM glock 17. Just use them for CQB i only use me pistol if im out or under 20m

9 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Gas delivery consistancy will make a big difference i noticed the same issues running WE mags in my TM glock 17. Just use them for CQB i only use me pistol if im out or under 20m

Hi Stew,

Thanks for the reply.

That makes me feel better. It’s crazy how much difference it makes. It’s really accurate with the TM mag. I’m now totally sold on TM (I love my 416).

I don’t think I can just keep the WE mags when I know how much better the TM ones are. How much do you think I could sell them for? Do you think anyone would buy them for say £15 each (nearly 1/2 price)?

Thanks again.

Could be the seal between the bbu and mag route. Hold the mag up tight in to the well and see if it makes a difference. One thing I do know is WE did up date their model with a 15mm bbu so those mags willbe fitted to that bbu. I have always been curious if a WE 15mm 226 bbu would fit the TM and what the result would be. Fitting lees precision route shim and 9ball route may be a solution. Tbh I've done it with every gbb mag I've had for as long as they've existed. Great bits of kit.

41 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Could be the seal between the bbu and mag route. Hold the mag up tight in to the well and see if it makes a difference. One thing I do know is WE did up date their model with a 15mm bbu so those mags willbe fitted to that bbu. I have always been curious if a WE 15mm 226 bbu would fit the TM and what the result would be. Fitting lees precision route shim and 9ball route may be a solution. Tbh I've done it with every gbb mag I've had for as long as they've existed. Great bits of kit.

Ok, so that went completely over my head lol.

Would you mind sending me a link to the products you’re talking about? Thanks

Right ok, I have just found what you’re referring to. I will get a pack & see how I get on. Thanks a lot guys.

Much appreciated.

I do still have it yes. The take down pin snapped in half so it needs a new one & the hammer unit hasn’t got any tension on it so the hammer doesn’t return all the way.

i spoke with someone at fire support who said it’s an easy fix, but I was going to have a look myself before I send it to them (if at all).

Worth a fix. Or what I was going to say is see if the WE blowback unit fits in the TM see what that does. The 9ball routes will still be useful regardless. Whether you'll need the shims I don't know. Depends if the bbu works well in it. 

Thanks Heroshark, I’ve ordered some 9ball routes, so I’ll see what effect they have. 

I also have a slide & frame kit coming for it, so that could change everything again going from plastic to metal.

Tbh the metal will not help efficiency. You'll benefit most out the lpe route shims if I'm correct in the seal between the mag route not being great. Is it the guarder kit?

It’s not a guarder kit no. I bought an SAI FRAME & slide kit by Prime from Boom Arms Airsoft. I will be gutted if it doesn’t work with it all.

Prime are nicer than guarded for sure. Should be good. Not as efficient as the stock gun but you can't beat the abs body for that. 

50 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Prime are nicer than guarded for sure. Should be good. Not as efficient as the stock gun but you can't beat the abs body for that. 

Well the pictures look beautiful, I’ve just got back from a cycling weekend & my other half missed the postman (she has been in a lot of trouble)...can’t wait to see it in the flesh tomorrow. 

The abs is great, but I much prefer the realism. The TM one is far superior to the WE version I had in performance, but I keep picking up the WE. Fingers crossed. 

Ill let you know how it turns out.

Archived