Best air-soft site for Snipers

superwok
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anywhere that still allows Kicking Mustang to play.

You'll be allowed to ignore hits, camp spawns, go out of bounds, and headshot folk from 10m without any repercussions.

• Supporters

To be honest, there isn’t a correct answer to that. Any site can be the best for a sniper rifle, even CQB(as long as your sub 350fps- silence is your friend).

Its all about your play style, do you ghillie up? Do you get up front and do objectives, taking out stubborn players, do you come up with the main attacking force and act as a bit of fire support or maybe you want to improve your field craft?

What gun? What range? How do you play? 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, superwok said:

Hi all 

Looking for a good site to get the best use out of my sniper rife. Any advice would be great 

Thanks

might help if you mention the part of the country your in, & how far your prepared to travel ?, pointless somebody recommending xyz in fife & your in Cornwall & don't drive lol 😉

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, superwok said:

I really do not mind the travel, if its a good site. Play stay  can be adaptable  but I do not ghillie up . I have an upgraded Bar -10 around 480 FPS on .20 so range isn't any issue.

So you'll travel quite literally to any site in the country for a gameday ? 😏, I'm not convinced lol

If the site is decent enough its worth trying at least once.  Most of the time you can make a weekend out of it, visiting a part of the country I wouldn't normally see the day before. But I'm not hear to convince you. 

The Sandpit in Bradford run by Cerberus is brilliant for snipers. Over 80 acres in an active quarry site, much of it open ground, its definitely a site for the rangier airsoft guns to shine. Sadly though they can only have a handful of games here each year and they just had the last one of 2019 a few weeks ago. Next one will be around April next year now. Worth keeping in mind though. 

Few pics to give you an idea of the site, the wooded/grassy areas on the hillside is all part of the playable area too

Screenshot_20190905-132201_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132212_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132249_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132308_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132325_Facebook.jpg

@Luke85  cool looking site.  But... are they seriously using picture of a guy having his head bandaged that looks more serious than a bb medic revive?   That or they play a hardcore medic revive rule xD

4 minutes ago, kasaran said:

@Luke85  cool looking site.  But... are they seriously using picture of a guy having his head bandaged that looks more serious than a bb medic revive?   That or they play a hardcore medic revive rule xD

Haha don't worry, that was part of a game where an area had to be secured and an "Injured" pilot extracted. No actual injuries from the other week.

9 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

Haha don't worry, that was part of a game where an area had to be secured and an "Injured" pilot extracted. No actual injuries from the other week.

Aaah.   I didnt see they were screenshots of multiples.  Ah well.  Good roleplay that man.  Also brave to let himself be stretchered by randos.

2 hours ago, Luke85 said:

The Sandpit in Bradford run by Cerberus is brilliant for snipers. Over 80 acres in an active quarry site, much of it open ground, its definitely a site for the rangier airsoft guns to shine. Sadly though they can only have a handful of games here each year and they just had the last one of 2019 a few weeks ago. Next one will be around April next year now. Worth keeping in mind though. 

Few pics to give you an idea of the site, the wooded/grassy areas on the hillside is all part of the playable area too

Screenshot_20190905-132201_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132212_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132249_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132308_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190905-132325_Facebook.jpg

This looks awesome !!!!

On 05/09/2019 at 10:48, superwok said:

I really do not mind the travel, if its a good site. Play stay  can be adaptable  but I do not ghillie up . I have an upgraded Bar -10 around 480 FPS on .20 so range isn't any issue.

Just as a heads up, because your bar10 fires at 480fps on 0.2s that means bugger all when it comes down to accuracy and range. If you're firing dead on 2.3Joules with your actual game weight (mine is 0.48g in my M40) then you're likely to have a better range. I've seen it on multiple occasions where people say they're firing 500fps on a 0.2 and they've got a fully upgraded rifle and it can't reach 80m let alone hit a barn door. 

However I have to say my two favourite sites for sniping are Battle Lakes run by Zed Adventures in Tunbridge Wells and Apocalypse in Sittingbourne both of which are big woodland sites which are awesome for doing some sneaky sniping once you learn your way around.

My friend and myself spent a whole morning game at Apocalypse last weekend flanking and picking off the enemy from behind their FOB and had probably my best game of airsoft (outside of a milsim) the site is massive and you can easily stalk your way around, I was using my viper hood and even managed to scare one of my team when I turned round to say hello when I was laying prone, my friend was just in BDUs and he did really well it's all about positioning and using the shadows to your advantage.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Just as a heads up, because your bar10 fires at 480fps on 0.2s that means bugger all when it comes down to accuracy and range. If you're firing dead on 2.3Joules with your actual game weight (mine is 0.48g in my M40) then you're likely to have a better range. I've seen it on multiple occasions where people say they're firing 500fps on a 0.2 and they've got a fully upgraded rifle and it can't reach 80m let alone hit a barn door. 

However I have to say my two favourite sites for sniping are Battle Lakes run by Zed Adventures in Tunbridge Wells and Apocalypse in Sittingbourne both of which are big woodland sites which are awesome for doing some sneaky sniping once you learn your way around.

My friend and myself spent a whole morning game at Apocalypse last weekend flanking and picking off the enemy from behind their FOB and had probably my best game of airsoft (outside of a milsim) the site is massive and you can easily stalk your way around, I was using my viper hood and even managed to scare one of my team when I turned round to say hello when I was laying prone, my friend was just in BDUs and he did really well it's all about positioning and using the shadows to your advantage.

Apocalypse in Sittingbourne ?, I hope your sniping's better than your mapreading, apoc's about 10 miles from Sittingbourne.😜

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:03, superwok said:

If the site is decent enough its worth trying at least once.  Most of the time you can make a weekend out of it, visiting a part of the country I wouldn't normally see the day before. But I'm not hear to convince you. 

thats cool, I've done that myself a few times, either I'm travelling for work etc & its a good excuse to squeeze a game in, or i'll travel for the game itself, but its gotta have an awesome reputation for me to do that.

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Apocalypse in Sittingbourne ?, I hope your sniping's better than your mapreading, apoc's about 10 miles from Sittingbourne.😜

Yeah being from maidstone I always associate that side of the hill as being Sittingbourne and Medway 😂 if you wanted to be pedantic I am sure it comes under a Stockbury post code 😜

9 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

My bar 10 shoots at around 370 with .36, for the sites I have been to the rifle is accurate and has a good range. I will give Battle Lakes and Apocalypse a look thanks 

1 hour ago, DopeYourScope said:

Yeah being from maidstone I always associate that side of the hill as being Sittingbourne and Medway 😂 if you wanted to be pedantic I am sure it comes under a Stockbury post code 😜

Were you Blue or Reds last week?!

• Supporters
9 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Dunno stockbury, but to be fair I'm down on Romney Marsh, we're fairly "insular" down here 😜

IMG_4643.JPG

22 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Dunno stockbury, but to be fair I'm down on Romney Marsh, we're fairly "insular" down here 😜

IMG_4643.JPG

Nice scenery down there can’t describe the people except the OAPs who are seeing out their years in the holiday parks...

2 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Was on reds with you, we were chatting about the upcoming milsim. (It’s liam i’m Russia lead 👋🏻)

Hey buddy - Thought it was you!!

Archived