Best MP5 for under £200?

Seagal99
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m a newbie looking to buy my first AEG gun. It HAS to be an MP5 as I just love that gun (looked at other options but every time I look, I just end up back at MP5s). I’m sure it’s been asked before but I couldn’t find a thread. Can someone recommend a decent beginner MP5 for under £200? I have no idea about brands so any opinions would be appreciated. 

• Supporters

You have chosen... wisely.

image.thumb.png.c41d2de7e1c056acea059c579853ac21.png 

As to brand, sorry, can't really advise.  I have a cheapy Galaxy MP5K that's been surprisingly decent, but I do like those SD6s.  I had a brief play with a Jing Gong version that seemed fine, and it'll run you a bit less than the metal CYMA.

Remember you'll want to factor in a charger (IMAX/SkyRC B6), lipo batteries, mags and the rest of your stuff.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Might be a bit too out-there if you're new to AEGs/Airsoft .. buuuuut.

Patrolbase have this knackered one in their boneyard for £120. 

Usually a £275 gun new.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-gt-advanced-tgm-a4-mp5-rtb-blowback-by996

Buy it, post it off to Luke from Negative Airsoft and he'll have it running like new for possibly still under £200 all in:

Great. Thanks for the info guys. I’ve found the Airsoft community is like Twitter, but not arse holes and actually helpful LOL. I’m a little wary of taking on a project gun as I’m not the most clued up, but I really like the look of those CYMAs. I should get my membership number next weekend so will look to purchase then. Where’s a good place to buy batteries from? Are ones on Amazon legit?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Seagal99 said:

Great. Thanks for the info guys. I’ve found the Airsoft community is like Twitter, but not arse holes and actually helpful LOL. 

Just as long as you ask the RIGHT questions that is , even though you’ve asked an open ended one you’ve given everyone a good set of parameters to work within (you’ve already decided on what gun you want it’s just make and price you’d like advice on) the ones that drive most S’ofters demented and then get the sarcastic replies are the “I’m new what gun shall I buy and where from !”🤦‍♂️ Literally the most subjective question possible to ask in ANY sport or hobby ! Your asking people to voice there opinions on a personal like or dislike , when you come down to it one man’s gold is another man’s piece of crap ! 😳

So carry on with the good questions bud ! 👍

• Supporters

And in this case, I'm not aware of any bad MP5 AEGs in that price range . So you're good to just pick whatever one you want at whatever price you're willing to pay and enjoy it.

• Moderators

Was looking at MP5s trying to track down an old ICS version recently that has the burst option, no longer available and I think discontinued

take a look at the ICS MX range, there ‘version’ of the MP5 on firesupports website

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/search.php?search=Mx5&cat=149&manufacturer=&stock=&stpos=0&no_per_pg=999

On 01/09/2019 at 18:27, Keithlag said:

Does that have blowback?

Archived