Dos and Dont's with a GBB pistol

01mc2b
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, Im asking the dos and don'ts of owning a gbb pistol more specifically a hga199 as i am new to airsoft and this is my first gun i have purchased for the sport

Pretty much im asking what not to do with it and what to do with at such as cleaning intervals, types of oil (i use wd40)

And how to treat it

Stop using WD 40 immediately. It will ruin the o rings.

Use only silicone oil or grease on plastic or rubber parts - blowback unit, o rings in magazines etc.

Some people use silicone oil or grease on the slide too. I prefer Teflon grease. 

There are lots of videos on the web about gbb maintenance. 

Make sure that you keep a small amount of gas in the pistol magazines to prevent the rubber rings from drying out and cracking.  Buy some silicon oil to keep all the parts in good working order.

Regularly clean your GBB.

As Emilianoksa says check out videos on youtube as there is plenty of information to be found and also the forum here. 

have you got it yet? because my advice would be dont use it send it back. Those guns are junk and have the shelf life of bargain bin bread. Not just me being an AS snob. Save a few quid buy a WE glock, not a full auto one, Job done.

Archived