Upgrading TM g36k recoil

HazeyOne87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just got into airsoft and I'm looking to throw on some handy upgrades and boost my fps to 350 (currently around 280fps stock)

Ive been quoted £680 to change out a whole bunch of parts and add a mofset, ending up with 390fps (too high for my local sites) price seems fair but I don't have that kind of money tbh and don't want to change parts if I don't need to

I was thinking of getting an m100 spring for 349fps and keep everything else stock, unsure on best mofset model I would need though? I just want burst fire and battery low alerts

Ive soldered before, not amazingly but I'm willing to do the work myself.

I'm all ears for build suggestions & advice

Thanks,

Ross

IMG_20190831_123854.jpg

• Supporters

TM Recoils are not like your usual AEG. Have a look on YouTube for disassembly/assembly vids and upgrade vids and see what different people do.

What has been done to my TM CQBR is spring change, service and upgraded gear set, as apparently the stock gears aren’t designed to run at 350fps.

The only Mosfets id consider putting in a recoil are the Gate Titan and BTC spectre(I prefer and recommend the titans- a lot of money, but very much worth it) and gate offer installation guides on YT so you can always get it installed correctly.

Can't find any upgrade vids for the g36k recoil, infact I'm finding it hard to find any info at all on Google in regards to upgrading. Eagle6 quoted me £680 for a full parts upgrade as seen in this YouTube video

https://youtu.be/EZRKjb8PQbM

(Full break down of upgrades are in the video description)

This comes out at 390fps if I'm not mistaken, he used a gen5 ascu and said I could also go with a warfet, then I have people telling me I should go with gate titan, this is all mumbo jumbo to me lol. There are also many different types of gate titan mofsets.

I like to install things myself but I'm very confused, I think I'll ask Eagle6 for a custom build at 350fps and see if there is any price change?

Also are all the upgrades they have listed in the YouTube video necessary?

Fair enough, it's seemed alot as I payed less for the entire gun lol.

Could someone drop a parts list for a decent 350fps setup and website suggestions for the parts?

Alot of Eagle6 stuff is out of stock and I'm still not sure what specific parts I need, maybe I'm just stupid but there seems to be so many variants of everything I look at.

Appreciate the help though, I've been asking around this is the most info I've got so far

Personally I think you should drop the 350 FPS idea. Tms run brilliant at 270 FPS. If you want to get to that level you effectively have to change everything to point you might as well have not got a great out of the box gun as it is. It’s also likely that it will perform the same if not worse.

Buy a quality Laylax or PDI 6.01 barrel and prommy purple bucking. This alone will give you an extra 20 FPS without putting any extra strain on your gearbox. This will increase accuracy and range, you will probably be dead happy with it.

Still want 350 FPS because its a bigger number? Get a cheap CYMA  M4 as a backup and do work to that.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, HazeyOne87 said:

Fair enough, it's seemed alot as I payed less for the entire gun lol.

Could someone drop a parts list for a decent 350fps setup and website suggestions for the parts?

Alot of Eagle6 stuff is out of stock and I'm still not sure what specific parts I need, maybe I'm just stupid but there seems to be so many variants of everything I look at.

Appreciate the help though, I've been asking around this is the most info I've got so far

350fps is no real problem for the gears, yes they will wear quicker as TM gears are a bit soft but it won't just implode because you have changed the spring. The gearbox internals are not as weak as people/shops claim. There was a few lemons years ago and they started the myth but there are loads of TMs that have had uprated springs and nothing else that have ran for years.

Don't think Gate make a Titan compatible with that gearbox but haven't really looked. Not really that common as most people buy m4/416 or scar.

Change spring, bushings and reshim and it will be good to go.

Eagle M90 spring, Lonex gearset, Volume match cylinder / barrel, sorbo, correct AOE, Titan or BTC mosfet.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/201/s/eagle6-airsoft-m90-spring-for-next-generation-recoil-shock-series/

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lonex-enhanced-gear-set-for-marui-recoil-electric-blowback

https://airlab.parts/products/sorbothane-pad-70d-hardness

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/5480/s/gate-electronics-titan-v2-ngrs-front-wired-advanced-firmware-edition/

This will get you 340 FPS with the least stress and parts.

If you want to push the boat out I highly recommend the Lonex cylinder head and Nozzle for better airseal.

Been a div soz, as Trigger said Titan don't support G36.

So you need an external FET, if you want burst then you'd want a Gate MERF

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Will that titan fit in the G36 ngrs gearbox?

No of course not 🙊

As @Asomodai said, why you want the power?

If you are doing field work, and using heavy ammo then the power is very useful.

BUT - it's all a waste if you don't have the barrel / hop dialled.

Personally I'd sooner Rhop it first with a 6.03 barrel, see how far your BBs go then!

350fps is just my local limit and being a nooby I thought I'd go for that! Great help with the links davegolf infact I appreciate everyone's help

The sorbothane pad is new to me I had a quick read and it's seems worthwhile, I'll have to contact them first to make sure it's compatible, it seems I picked an odd gun as the titan isn't compatible, Eagle6 told me an acsu gen 5 is my best bet?

This the right one?

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5153

Or would a gate merf be better??

Okay I'm going to Google what the hell an rhop is now, I'm getting a headache lol

Being a complete noob as you put it I would just fit a MERF, this will give a slightly better trigger response and burst fire.

Get some high diacharge Turnigy batteries, 2 will be plenty.

Assume you have a LiPo charger?

If you haven't gamed it much yet then get out there and play.

If your indoors you'll be on 0.2s, but if you're playing outside get some Devil Blaster 0.25s

See how you get on, they are very capable!

What im saying is don't go inside the gearbox unless you really have too / want too. Those Japs are good!

• Supporters

It’s a TM recoil so FPS Numbers means F**k all ! Thing you need to be aware of is the Japanese don’t give a monkeys about what the rest of the world’s wants or needs out of there guns there built for the Japanese market where they’ve very strict FPS limits so TM’s are designed and built to run perfectly sub 300’ish on .2’s . So you will need to change basically everything internal to get it to your magical number of 350 as the others have said . Me personally I’d say as a noob just leave it alone and use it as is , but if you do decide to go ahead with the upgrade plan I will happily guarantee it’ll perform worse once you do it , there just not made to run big numbers .

i’ve been running my TM’s (I have 6 at the moment) all stock for the past 8yrs and not once have I really felt out gunned by anyone on the field , yes there have been times when a player or two has had a ‘wee’ bit more range than me but to a man all of them had sunk ridiculous amounts of beer tokens into them where as my ‘stock’ guns were only just being out ranged and with a small bound or sneaky crawl I was back in range of them with mine so a moot point really .

ultimately it’s your gun your choice , but you have asked for advice so I’d advise don’t do it , I don’t think the gun needs it (and as I have 2 G36’s so I think I can speak from experience) just improve your fieldcraft and that alone will make a big difference to your gameday .👍

• Supporters
11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Will that titan fit in the G36 ngrs gearbox?

This I didn’t think about, I just presumed Gates NGRS mosfet fitted all models.

H there,

So I have a G36K recoil running 340fps, I built the gearbox up myself.

I do recoil builds now and then for people, it’s a part time thing for me, PM me if you want me to quote for doing the build.

The Gate Titan (V3/ngrs) will not work in this gun.

If you want DECENT burst fire, the Airsoft Systems ASCU is your only option I’m aware of, other than the BTC chimera (if you can find one!). There’s timed burst options, but truthfully they’re poor quality and unreliable.

If you’re going to bother with a mosfet of any kind, I’d go with the ASCU as it has cycle detection which reduces the chance of lockup in semi auto.

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, jackd787 said:

H there,

So I have a G36K recoil running 340fps, I built the gearbox up myself.

I do recoil builds now and then for people, it’s a part time thing for me, PM me if you want me to quote for doing the build.

The Gate Titan (V3/ngrs) will not work in this gun.

If you want DECENT burst fire, the Airsoft Systems ASCU is your only option I’m aware of, other than the BTC chimera (if you can find one!). There’s timed burst options, but truthfully they’re poor quality and unreliable.

If you’re going to bother with a mosfet of any kind, I’d go with the ASCU as it has cycle detection which reduces the chance of lockup in semi auto.

Chimera isn't for ngrs.

There isn't a good drop in module for the ngrs v3 style boxes yet but I believe gate are meant to be doing a Titan

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Chimera isn't for ngrs.

There isn't a good drop in module for the ngrs v3 style boxes yet but I believe gate are meant to be doing a Titan

Well the G36 essentially uses a modified V3. If the ASCU v3 works, the chimera should also work.

The only reason a Gate V3 Titan won’t work is because it uses optical sensors and because the next gen sector gear appears continuous to the sensor, it doesn’t recognise when the cycle is complete. I’m yet to try a chimera as they are hard to source, but as it detects the sector gear cam there’s no reason it shouldn’t work on an AK or G36 NGRS.

BTW Ive personally spoken to Gate and they have no plans to release a Titan for the NGRS AK and G36 platforms.

I even offered them my G36 to do the testing and development. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, jackd787 said:

Well the G36 essentially uses a modified V3. If the ASCU v3 works, the chimera should also work.

The only reason a Gate V3 Titan won’t work is because it uses optical sensors and because the next gen sector gear appears continuous to the sensor, it doesn’t recognise when the cycle is complete. I’m yet to try a chimera as they are hard to source, but as it detects the sector gear cam there’s no reason it shouldn’t work on an AK or G36 NGRS.

BTW Ive personally spoken to Gate and they have no plans to release a Titan for the NGRS AK and G36 platforms.

I even offered them my G36 to do the testing and development. 

Think there might be other differences in the box but have never tried it personally. I do have a v3 chimera to remove from a box so will look into it.

I spoke to Gate a while back and they said they were looking at doing one.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Name dropper ! 🤫

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Think there might be other differences in the box but have never tried it personally. I do have a v3 chimera to remove from a box so will look into it.

Yeah. Some minor differences, piston, piston head, spring, spring guide, but in terms of getting a Titan working in there, your only obstacle is the sector gear. 

Must depend who you speak to and when I guess. I’d love it if they did release a Titan for that gearbox 

• 2 weeks later...

OK solid advise folks and although I should have probably left a good gun alone I went a bit mad on ebay and ordered

Lonex barrel 6.03 300mm

Prom 6mm bushing set

Prom purple bucking and nub

Ascu Gen5 V3

Now Ive tried contacting airlab about the correct fitting sorbo pad and cylinder head but they have ignored 2 emails

Also unsure what specific air nozzle I need, Eagle6 aren't replying and fire support straight up don't know

Will the Gearset definitly fit before I go ahead and order?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lonex-Enhanced-Gear-Set-for-Marui-Recoil-Electric-BlowBack

Archived