tibernius

Specna 416 mag compatible low/mid caps?

Hi folks.

I've got a Specna SA-H05M (which seems to have the same standard 416 lower receiver as the SA-H02) and I'm trying to find some low/mid cap magazines for it - ideally PMAG or other modern polymer ones. Problem is, the only mags that Specna have confirmed work with it are 3 different STANAG hi-caps.

So far I've tried a Kublai 120rd Lancer copy (which doesn't lock and doesn't feed), a G&G Midcap (same problem), and the Modify XTC 190rd midcap - the only one of the three that worked, but seems to have little texture on the mag itself and is a bit higher capacity than I need. I've heard the CYMA mid caps work, but haven't managed to try one yet.

Any of you know any other compatible mags?

1 hour ago, tibernius said:

the Modify XTC 190rd midcap - the only one of the three that worked, but seems to have little texture on the mag itself and is a bit higher capacity than I need. 

Err fill them to the amount you want ? Wether there 30 rd’ers OR 200 rd’ers the outer shell is the same size it’s just the internal capacity is different , you want 70 rd mids then just put that many in . 

Not Rocket surgery ?😁

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Err fill them to the amount you want ? Wether there 30 rd’ers OR 200 rd’ers the outer shell is the same size it’s just the internal capacity is different , you want 70 rd mids then just put that many in . 

Not Rocket surgery ?😁

Good point - I just know that there were some spring issues with midcaps (iirc it was the PTS ones?) a while ago that stopped them from feeding the last few rounds properly, so I'm a bit wary of half-filling the mags because of that.

My SA 416c is a fussy bugger with mags, the only mags Ive found that feed every shot to the very last one without any problems is the Nuprol mid/low cap selectable ones.

I use a CYMA hi-cap in my SA-H05 and it feeds perfectly so I'd imagine the mids will also work fine. I keep meaning to order the mid caps for it but never get round to it

My sons Valken Mags don't work, they fall out.

On 04/09/2019 at 18:38, L3wisD said:

Gunfire have just listed the new Specna S-Mag midcaps for sale on their own (previously only came with the edge series)

https://gunfire.com/en/products/set-of-5-125bbs-s-mag-mid-cap-magazine-black-1152223107.html

I've got a box of five on their way. I'll report back later.

How did you go on with the S-Mags? Need to order some mags but not sure on the S-Mag or stick with the CYMA's