New Player Edinburgh/Glasgow

Bluo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys! First time posting on this forum.  Hopefully doing my third qualifying game this Sunday, and was wondering if there was anyone going to The Depot in Glasgow that'd be keen to team up?  

Cheers!

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.

Team up in the sense of stand in the same corner at the briefing, have some bantz, and nod as we pass each other on the way to respawn: sure (although I will friendly frag you).

Team up in the sense of synchronised multiglam, team frequencies, and LARPing a human centipede while breaching: not so much.

I'll be there on Sunday wearing solid tan, likely with a suppressed MP5K if you want to do a bit of the former.  If the latter, there are some actual teams there that will doubtless give you a shake.

Oh, there's a bring-and-buy on, if you want to get a head start on emptying your bank account.  Nobody is going to be asking for a UKARA number, given that you're on site actually playing airsoft. ;)

I'll likely be wearing a green jumper and awkwardly sitting in the corner 😂

Be good to meet you and hear that friendly frag coming near me.

Oh that's good, I've got a student overdraft that's just waiting to be maxed out.

• Supporters

Well, I'll wear a rose in my lapel an... waaaait a second, have I stumbled into the dating thread again?

I'm usually there with Workmate Eddy, but he said something about slinging coins rather than BBs this Sunday (I think there's an Old Firm game on).  There's often a couple of other unsociable bastards from here at the Depot, let's see who else we can roust up.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Aengus said:

If you see a guy in tan with an mp5 holding a grenade shoot him regardless of team. He seems to think he's playing some kind of free for all? Something about 50 virgins or the likes

One time, I friendly fragged you, twice in a row.

I do wonder how many more drop-outs there'll be this Sunday once folk realise there's a footy-fight on.

38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

One time, I friendly fragged you, twice in a row.

I do wonder how many more drop-outs there'll be this Sunday once folk realise there's a footy-fight on.

doesn't beat my friendly frag 7 folk :( I do think sometimes it's a blessing I don't have the multishot base so I can't do too much damage each match. 

I think it's telling that they had spaces left on a Wednesday before gameday but to be fair everyone probably got their fill at the charity weekend. (some might not be allowed back 😅) Probably just the football. 

• Supporters

Huh, both own-kit and hires are still available for Sunday, that is unusual.

Huh-squared: Their site has a banner at the top today saying "Please remember that all online bookings are non-refundable and non-transferrable as per our terms and conditions." 

True, but I think that banner is new, and I wonder if they've had a bunch of them this week.

Pity, as it's in everyone's best interests to allow cancellations (and reselling the slot) or transfers so that players actually show up.

Might be a bit more intimate than usual on Sunday then, with hopefully a bit less "GO! GO! GO!" ;)

5 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, both own-kit and hires are still available for Sunday, that is unusual.

Huh-squared: Their site has a banner at the top today saying "Please remember that all online bookings are non-refundable and non-transferrable as per our terms and conditions." 

True, but I think that banner is new, and I wonder if they've had a bunch of them this week.

Pity, as it's in everyone's best interests to allow cancellations (and reselling the slot) or transfers so that players actually show up.

Might be a bit more intimate than usual on Sunday then, with hopefully a bit less "GO! GO! GO!" ;)

Noticed the new banner. I was under the impression you could transfer a booking previously so it's news to me. I can see why they don't want to refund as the site is almost always fully booked so they probably want to discourage pre-booking to reserve spots and if they get a message saying someone wants a refund because they can't make it they CAN increase their quantity online and sell another ticket ;). I'm sure I've seen it be out of stock and then checked again and there are a few in stock and usually they write on FB something like "we found a few more spots". They raised the deposit price to discourage that type of behaviour / no shows. 

5 hours ago, Aengus said:

“Non-transferable” [unless you have the mental capacity to remember someone else’s email to say at the desk]

yea I have booked 3 slots before they all show up as my name so pretty strange thing to say.

30 minutes ago, Musica said:

yea I have booked 3 slots before they all show up as my name so pretty strange thing to say.

As in for me to say or the depot to say? Every time I’ve booked I’ve used an email at sign in wether it’s my own, parents or even a mates no questions have ever been asked.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, I doubt it'll end with a session in the struggle-cuddle room, just be aware that Johno can and does learn names.

Yea he seems switched on. Just don't forget he has all your personal data from your UKARA forms 😅

9 hours ago, Aengus said:

As in for me to say or the depot to say? Every time I’ve booked I’ve used an email at sign in wether it’s my own, parents or even a mates no questions have ever been asked.

For the depot to say as you can book multiple slots as an individual so it's clear you can book for others but can't transfer is a bit weird. Like I say probably just trying to stop people hogging slots. 

So back on topic We have 4 bodies this weekend? Me, Roger+Eddie and Bluo? 

Here's what I will be looking like

68447537_1739813652983800_38926004145199

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Roger+Eddie

Nah, Eddie has bailed, would rather sit in front of his TV shouting encouragement at his local[*] sportsball-team players.

[*] Aribo, Ojo and Dodoo.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Nah, Eddie has bailed, would rather sit in front of his TV shouting encouragement at his local[*] sportsball-team players.

[*] Aribo, Ojo and Dodoo.

turn coats! Same for all my friends :( 

I don't even know for sure I have a spot as I am cashing in an a imaginary free day should get confirmation tonight.

• Supporters
On 28/08/2019 at 20:49, Rogerborg said:

I'll be there on Sunday wearing solid tan, likely with a suppressed MP5K

Correction, a suppressed tan G36C with the stock removed, or an unsuppressed MP5K.  I cannot seem to get any consistency out of a longer barrel. :(

Top tip: whatever else you get, or "upgrade", buy one <£100 AEG as well and leave it alone.

Was a good lot of games yesterday! had a lot of fun, apart from the friendly fire 😉 Was also good to meet @Rogerborg as well!

Got my UKARA handed in, just wondering how long it takes as well?

And my very first airsoft gun! WE G17 Gen4

69834097_2421088234605048_7199500640010108928_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bluo said:

Was a good lot of games yesterday! had a lot of fun, apart from the friendly fire 😉 Was also good to meet @Rogerborg as well!

Got my UKARA handed in, just wondering how long it takes as well?

And my very first airsoft gun! WE G17 Gen4

69834097_2421088234605048_7199500640010108928_n.jpg

Should be a good pistol from what I know about it. 

My ukara took me weeks but the owner was on holiday and it's him who files all the paperwork for it. Others get it in a few days. Probably have it within a week but it's a bit like how long is a piece of string. 

• Supporters

Sorry that we didn't hook up more and bond and all that, I can't recognise people without their eyepro and guns. :(

Good choice on the Glock, I reckon, decent workhorse pewers.  And in the best colour scheme too.  Mmm, tan.

Archived