Favourite weapons

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What are your favourite weapons?

Use a layout like this, pictures if you must

Pistol: FN 5-7

SMG: MP7

Assault rifle: AKR up to date L85 (ris with vortex llm and elcan spectre)

LMG: Shrike

BA sniper rifle: AW 338

SASS: PSG-1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pistol: CZ75D - I want one so badly!

SMG: MP5K PDW

AR: HK416

LMG: Browning M1919A6 - Weirdest looking LMG I ever did see...

BA Sniper: RPA Rangemaster .50 BMG

Now a very sad airsofter as I heard my AUG was split for parts :(

Pistol: M9 socom

SMG: KAC PDW

AR: HK416/M7A1

LMG: M240

BA Sniper: Steyr SSG 04

Im now a very happy airsofter now as im purchasing a A&K Masada upgraded ;D

sorry to here about your lose REMSoft :mellow:

Pistol: sig sauer P226/MEU

SMG: sterling

Assault rifle: L1A1 SLR

LMG: GPMG

BA sniper rifle: L121A1 (AW50F)

SASS: PSG-1 (a good gun, but i have no idea what SASS means)

Pistol: sig sauer P226/MEU

SMG: sterling

Assault rifle: L1A1 SLR

LMG: GPMG

BA sniper rifle: L121A1 (AW50F)

SASS: PSG-1 (a good gun, but i have no idea what SASS means)

haha same and thats why i never mentioned it!

Pistol: 1998 edition 1st Gen. SIG-Sauer P229. Clean and smooth, no RiS

SMG (technically a machine/assault pistol) H&K MP7

Assault Rifle: SA80 IW, L85A2. Pretty much indifferent to what's been mounted on it.

LMG: FN MAG 57 AKA the L7A1 'Gimpy'

Support weapon:(as this is my overall favourite, and doesn't really fit any catagory) SA80 LSW, L86A2 LSW :D. Sort of a fairly useless halfway house between sniper and SAW. Think of it as the modern Bren and/or BAR.

BA Sniper: Can't go wrong with the old Enfield Enforcer, L42A1

SASS: Not a fan of them. The only one that I hold any sort of affections for is the H&K G3SG1, and even then I'm not sure it fulfils your every requirement.

@Matt, 'SAW' isn't a name of any support weapon, it's a designation. I'm assuming you mean the FN Minimi family (more commonly known by the FN-America identifier M249)

Pistol: Sig 226, non railed or a good ol' 1911. Any 1911 is a good 1911.

SMG: AK-74u LOL, just kidding. MP5SD6.

Assault rifle: AK-74... Or an L119A1.

LMG: L110A1

BA sniper rifle: Remington 700, or in airsoft Tanaka M700.

SASS: SPR Mod0

Battle Rifle: M14.

I added my own category, because the M14 doesn't fit into any of them, it's a battle rifle. ;)

The SASS was a tough one, I was tempted to put M21 but the SPR just beat it by a little bit.

There wasn't any competition between BASR's, the M700 beats ALL. Remington 700 in my dictionary covers varients, like M24, M700, M40, M700 AICS because they're all based on the same action.

There was only one real LMG I could pick, the L86LSW isn't a LMG, it's a DMR. So L110A1 for that.

AR's.... Oh lord, so much choice. It had to be either an AK, or the L119A1.

SMG's, I don't really care much for so not much choice lol.

Pistols, I like my pistols. 1911's are alot like sex. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad... it's still good.

• Supporters

Pistol: Glock17, USPc and the Walther P99

SMG: Steyr AUG A3 XS 9mm SMG (rare - no airsoft version (yet), but awesome looking)

Assault rifle: L85A2, G36c, G3 and the AK

LMG: Browning M1917 (presently drawing up designs to make my own variant) or the AN/M2 Stinger

BA sniper rifle: Mosin Nagant

SASS: Galil Sniper Variant

Pistol: mk23 Socom

SMG: The mx5 pro by ics (I think that's what its called anyway)

Assault rifle: there are loads but today's choice is the sr47

BA sniper rifle:pass

SASS: Again dosnt fit but the m14

Lmg: again as above the l86a2 lsw for me

Pistol: 1911 (without a doubt) also loving the 226 but i like glocks too

SMG: MP5 and variants and the KRISS

Assualt Rifle: Masada ACR, M4, SCHAR H/L, HK416 (really like these now), L85 - the list goes on

BA Sniper: L96 or M24

SASS: Not a great fan of them

LMG: M249 SAW and the Browing

Bit off topic but my first post in about a month, nice to be back B)

• Supporters

Pistol: L105a1

SMG: Mp5 any and all variants (Can't find the ###### land designations :P)

Assault rifle: L119a1, L85a2

LMG: L110a1

BA sniper rifle: L115a3

SASS: L129a1

Yes I'm sad, and very British :P

• Supporters
Pistol: L105a1

SMG: Mp5 any and all variants (Can't find the ###### land designations :P)

Assault rifle: L119a1, L85a2

LMG: L110a1

BA sniper rifle: L115a3

SASS: L129a1

Yes I'm sad, and very British :P

That's probably because our guns are the best lol

• Supporters

It's not a hate for magpul as such,.it is.ergonomic and functional, especially in terms of rs.

But its when m4 get coated with tan magpul moe parts that it gets bad.

I have some magpul parts, the afg is extremely good, and the PMAGs are great however.

• Supporters

My aversion to magpul is less about magpul and more about the obsession with it.

Right about now, it's almost impossible to find a decent second hand M4 that hasn't got some amount of magpul on it, everyone's going on about magpul products like they're the holy grail or something, when really, they're just average, especially in terms of airsoft.

In the real world, they offer small adjustments to the practicality of a weapon, which, in reality offers a small boost to the probability of survival for a soldier, which I am totally for. If painting rifles pink and giving every soldier a hello kitty tattoo would keep fifty more of our fighting men and women alive than would otherwise survive, then do it, but in airsoft, it's seems to me to be just brand obsession (a lot like mac-fanboyism).

My view on Magpul is pretty similar to Finius.

Some of it - like E/PMAGs, are a very good idea. STANAG weapons, like the Aramlite and SA80 can't take the see-through plastic mags of the G36 & AUG (and previous STANAG experiments failed, as the plastics were either too brittle or bent). The plastic mags are useful because: a)they're light weight and b)the see-through ones show you how much ammo you have left.

The solution? Magpul make a very hard plastic mag, but put windows in it so you can see the ammunition. (Obviously this is still pointless in airsoft)

AFGs - are actually more comfortable to hold for long periods of time than the traditional vertical foregrip (due to blood flow and pins & needles and all that stuff). This can be of use in airsoft. But - unless you're a hardcore MilSimmer who is in a 48 hour, non-stop war-game, it's unlikely it'll actually have any major effects.

The rest of it? I can't see the point. People see the name 'Magpul' printed on something, and they go out and buy X-number of them, and bolt them on. Anything and everything, just so they can say "Yeah? Well, I have the angled-folding Magpul toothbrush holder on my M4!" You're playing airsoft. I'm all for realistic loadouts and MilSimm - but some of the Magpul'd M4s have more stuff on them than the real thing would!

• Supporters

I see your angled-folding Magpul toothbrush holder and raise you the magpul tactical kitchen sink, complete with tactical soap :P

But yeah, as said, more than half of their stuff is a waste of money, I mean fire selectors for the scars, what the point?

Archived