Spraying two tone

Pigteam91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it legal for a non UkAra holder to spay any of these colours I’m a child please make responses more clear

yellow

brown

white

Cat pad (apple green)

bright green woodland camouflage 

multicam arid

multicam tropic

leaved with bright colours 

multicam snow

and is it legal to have just a two tone stock with a military colour weapon

• Head Moderator

For a two tone gun the accepted bright colours are:

- Bright red

- Bright orange

- Bright blue

- Bright yellow

- Bright green

- Bright pink

- Bright purple

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures

No, camoflague or white/snow design is not an option.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

No UKARA doesn't give a defence to modify a IF in to a RIF nothing does. 

Er, what?  The same S37 defences apply to all of the S36 offences of sale, import, manufacturing or modification.

The defence of interest to us is modifying it for the purposes of the delightfully nebulous "permitted activities", i.e. use at an insured skirmish site.

What counts as sufficient evidence of that would be between you, the police, CPS/Fiscal, and a court to argue out.

Deceased equine thrashing time again: if you're stopped on the way to or from a skirmish site with your RIF then that's your defence to modifying it.  And if you're stopped anywhere else with it then your bigger problem is finding a "reasonable excuse" for the purposes of the Firearms Act S19 offence of possession in public.

The three games / 8 weeks UKARA (and alternatives) system is one that gives sellers who don't know what you're intending to do with the RIF some evidence that it's likely that you'll use it for the allowed purposes.

If you personally are actually in the process of using it for those purposes, then that's your defence right there, not a number in a shonky retailer database.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Er, what?  The same S37 defences apply to all of the S36 offences of sale, import, manufacturing or modification.

The defence of interest to us is modifying it for the purposes of the delightfully nebulous "permitted activities", i.e. use at an insured skirmish site.

What counts as sufficient evidence of that would be between you, the police, CPS/Fiscal, and a court to argue out.

Deceased equine thrashing time again: if you're stopped on the way to or from a skirmish site with your RIF then that's your defence to modifying it.  And if you're stopped anywhere else with it then your bigger problem is finding a "reasonable excuse" for the purposes of the Firearms Act S19 offence of possession in public.

The three games / 8 weeks UKARA (and alternatives) system is one that gives sellers who don't know what you're intending to do with the RIF some evidence that it's likely that you'll use it for the allowed purposes.

If you personally are actually in the process of using it for those purposes, then that's your defence right there, not a number in a shonky retailer database.

UKARA is just a number to give to online retailers to absolve them of selling to someone with no defence.

Perhaps I shouldn't of said nothing gives a defence. It's a grey area with no defined road map of steps to take to do it legally. It's always an offence to modify a IF to a RIF.  

Honestly giving advice out on it seems counter productive to the hobby as the information is out there for people who really care and most people asking the question are just trying to bypass the current system which will eventually lead to a worse system or a flat out ban. As usual the people who follow the rules will get punished. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Perhaps I shouldn't of said nothing gives a defence. It's a grey area with no defined road map of steps to take to do it legally. It's always an offence to modify a IF to a RIF.  

True, and fair points.  We don't know for what would actually be accepted as a defence, absent some precedent-generating case law at Crown or above.  Urgh, I loathe guilty-until-proven-innocent legislation.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

Honestly giving advice out on it seems counter productive to the hobby as the information is out there for people who really care and most people asking the question are just trying to bypass the current system which will eventually lead to a worse system or a flat out ban. As usual the people who follow the rules will get punished. 

I wouldn't give advice on how to bypass UKARA and get a RIF.

However, this specific question relates to someone who's (I assume) already got an IF.  The reality is that anyone who's got themselves an IF can hit it with a rattle can of Poundshop black.  They shouldn't do it, it's an offence, but it's one that's practically impossible to prevent and near impossible to police.  I mean, unless you're actually caught in the act of doing it, or you self incriminate, how would the case be proven beyond a reasonable doubt?

So when I see someone caring enough about the legalities to ask first, and specifically this OP who's asking about bright colours and camo patterns, I take that as a sign that they're probably not in the group of people that are going to cause us trouble.

I'd suggest that the villain who's going to ruin it for all of us isn't going to ask here first before embarking on a spray-and-stick-em-up.

On 27/08/2019 at 00:02, Pigteam91 said:

Is it legal for a non UkAra holder to spay any of these colours I’m a child please make responses more clear

yellow

brown

white

Cat pad (apple green)

bright green woodland camouflage 

multicam arid

multicam tropic

leaved with bright colours 

multicam snow

and is it legal to have just a two tone stock with a military colour weapon

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pigteam91 said:

I’m a child please make responses more clear

As clear as I can be:

yellow - yes, if it's bright yellow.

brown - no

white - no (you will find BBgunz4U stylee sellers flogging white guns without a defence, they shouldn't be)

Cat pad (apple green) - yes if it's bright green.

bright green woodland camouflage  - yes if more than half the gun is bright green

multicam arid - no

multicam tropic - no

leaved with bright colours - yes, if more than half the gun is bright red, orange, blue, yellow, green, pink or purple.

multicam snow - no

and is it legal to have just a two tone stock with a military colour weapon - no, as it won't be more than half the surface area of the gun.  Stock plus handguard is the usual combination.

Additionally:

If you're under 18, you can't legally buy any imitation firearm, realistic or otherwise.  Neither can it be bought on your behalf.  It can be gifted to you.

If you've somehow got your hands on a realistic imitation firearm, you do not, strictly speaking, have to make it unrealistic.  However, it wouldn't be the worst idea to do so if you're under 18.

If you're intending to use it at an airsoft skirmish site, nobody there will care about whether it's realistic or not, or how you got it.

If you're intending to use it for any other purpose than airsoft skirmishing or plinking on your own private, secluded land, please don't, for your sake and ours.

Archived