Specna Arms G36 questions;

RussHampson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

I'm new to the world of airsoft, but I'm only a few days away from getting site membership, UKARA certs and thusly a defence to justify the purchase of a RIF.

I've heard great things about the Specna Arms RIFs that are knocking about, and since I'm a fan of the G36 I thought I'd give one of theirs a go. Before I take the plunge however, I'd like to ask a few questions with relation to the compatibility of different parts.
I'm looking at this version: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-g13v-g36e-assault-rifle?pv=9645 but I'd like some rails on the front handguard, mainly for a torch and camera. I'm assuming that the slots on the handguard are for m-lok rails? Just looking for confirmation on this more than anything.
Secondly, whilst the original sight is right up my street, I'd also like to grab a C/K top rail so that I can have some versatility, does anyone know about the compatibility between the Specna G36 and other brands? JG, TM etc.

Many thanks!

Top rail compatibility is largely interchangeable. 

The slots are for venting on the real steel. They are not Mlock slots. Unfortunately the airsoft full size G36 does not have the rail holes. 

If you get a real steel hand guard some have holes for the rails. Costs alot and Good luck finding one. 

I got a JJ G36 side rail which can used on the side of the top rail where the bolts run through. I did have to dremel the screw hole on the rail though as it didn't match up on my JG G36E.G36.jpg.7a6766c3e5e89d500908737948cf9ce7.jpgg362.thumb.jpg.8767527efb4ce45c544ab23fa066a3ad.jpg

That looks great, thanks for the info!

Do you reckon there'd be enough room inside of the handguard to attach rails with a standard nut and bolt? Or would it impact too much on the space for the battery?

Last thing, how're you finding the G36 in general? Thanks again!

10 minutes ago, RussHampson said:

That looks great, thanks for the info!

Do you reckon there'd be enough room inside of the handguard to attach rails with a standard nut and bolt? Or would it impact too much on the space for the battery?

Last thing, how're you finding the G36 in general? Thanks again!

Possibly. I couldn't say for certain as I wouldn't use a full length G36 in CQB where I would want to use a torch. 

Despite the size of the hand guard I struggle to put large batteries in it due to how narrow it is and the outer barrel assembly gets in the way. 

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Possibly. I couldn't say for certain as I wouldn't use a full length G36 in CQB where I would want to use a torch. 

Despite the size of the hand guard I struggle to put large batteries in it due to how narrow it is and the outer barrel assembly gets in the way. 

That's great to know about the battery. I might try to source a G36K with Keymod handguard; it looks a bit wider from the photos. 

You've been a great help with all this, thanks so much!

The G36 is usually a solid performer, not significantly better or worse than any other out of the box gun.

Specna Arms do seem to be building themselves a good reputation though so it's likely to be a solid and reliable piece of kit.

I've not heard of anyone buying/using any of their G36 variants though so can't offer any advice on their particular version.  I think @Asomodai's is made by SRC (as is mine) and hasn't been "stock" for quite a while!

It's a V3 gearbox, these tend to be pretty reliable and are usually a bit more simple to work on than others - apart from the usual hassles of holding triggers and anti reversal latches in place while using your third hand to hold the spring while your forth hand puts the other half of the gearbox shell back on!

2 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

The G36 is usually a solid performer, not significantly better or worse than any other out of the box gun.

Specna Arms do seem to be building themselves a good reputation though so it's likely to be a solid and reliable piece of kit.

I've not heard of anyone buying/using any of their G36 variants though so can't offer any advice on their particular version.  I think @Asomodai's is made by SRC (as is mine) and hasn't been "stock" for quite a while!

It's a V3 gearbox, these tend to be pretty reliable and are usually a bit more simple to work on than others - apart from the usual hassles of holding triggers and anti reversal latches in place while using your third hand to hold the spring while your forth hand puts the other half of the gearbox shell back on!

Cheers for the info!
I think I'll be leaving any gearbox work to someone experienced to begin with. I'm not opposed to tweaking my gear, but this'll be my first "big boy" RIF, so I'll wait until I have a backup before I start breaking the internals on this one 😂
My local club has a nice G36 for sale, but I've no intention to buy up until now. It's an S&T one, so I'll see if they lemme take it for a few trial shots so I can get a feel for the size etc.

10 hours ago, Philby21 said:

I think @Asomodai's is made by SRC (as is mine) and hasn't been "stock" for quite a while!

Both my G36E and SL-8 are JG's. The XM8's are SRC. :)

9 hours ago, RussHampson said:

Cheers for the info!
I think I'll be leaving any gearbox work to someone experienced to begin with. I'm not opposed to tweaking my gear, but this'll be my first "big boy" RIF, so I'll wait until I have a backup before I start breaking the internals on this one 😂
My local club has a nice G36 for sale, but I've no intention to buy up until now. It's an S&T one, so I'll see if they lemme take it for a few trial shots so I can get a feel for the size etc.

I would avoid the S&T one. Its an older design which can not use certain hop unit upgrades and has worse plastic then both the JG, Cyma and Specna. 

Externals I would rate like this. Best to worst. 

JG/SRC Gen 3/Specna/Cyma/S&T

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Externals I would rate like this. Best to worst. 

JG/SRC Gen 3/Specna/Cyma/S&T

Useful info, I was considering another G36 for a DMR build, not too concerned about the internals as they'll all be getting changed anyway, looks like JG might be the ideal choice, maybe this one for a bit of a different look. 😎

Archived