Asomodai

ICS L85 fires auto on semi.

Hey gents. 

This reoccurring issue has now turned into almost permanent. 

My L85 had the usual full auto on semi issue, this was fixed by tightening up the screw on opposite side of the selector switch and tightening up the cutoff lever. 

It lasted about an hour before it started firing on full auto in semi again. This occurs on both 9.9v LIFE and 7.4v half charged lipos. 

The only change that has been made the ICS is a 22tpa high torque motor fitted. Otherwise I have only skirmished this 3 times. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Extremely Common issue with all L85s.

On my G&g I spent months trying to find a solve. In the end it was due to the CoL being made out of cheese and wearing away. It has a prominent shape, and it was becoming flat. I replaced the CoL and it solved it for a short while.

In the mean time a buddy told me that installing an SR25(?) gearset in the box resolves the issue. Never tried it, but apparently it reduces the need for the CoL.

27 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Extremely Common issue with all L85s.

On my G&g I spent months trying to find a solve. In the end it was due to the CoL being made out of cheese and wearing away. It has a prominent shape, and it was becoming flat. I replaced the CoL and it solved it for a short while.

In the mean time a buddy told me that installing an SR25(?) gearset in the box resolves the issue. Never tried it, but apparently it reduces the need for the CoL.

I am just surprised this has happened on a rifle that has less the 3 skirmishes playtime. I did try and force the cutoff leave to activate with a screwdriver and it still fires full auto. Though its not exactly a reliable test. 

Not sure if it's worth fixing at the moment as it could be many parts!

It could be the motor is over-spinning the gears past the cutoff point, or the trigger contacts could be sticking.  It might be worth putting an AB mosfet in the line to cut down on trigger points burning and stop the over-spin on semi.

39 minutes ago, RR01 said:

It could be the motor is over-spinning the gears past the cutoff point, or the trigger contacts could be sticking.  It might be worth putting an AB mosfet in the line to cut down on trigger points burning and stop the over-spin on semi.

It is not overspin. 

This was fine with a 9.9v LiFE. This is happening with a low powered 7.4V lipo as well. Trigger contacts are fine. 

ICS Emailed me back and have said they have made a newly tooled L85 Selector switch and screw which should help solve the issue if it is indeed the selectors fault. I will be ordering that and will let you know how I get on. 

If you look into the bottom of the lower receiver you'll see the tiny lever that interacts with the cut-off lever on the gearbox.

Pay particular attention to that.

Also check the trigger mech 'pops' off when you hold the trigger back in semi then manipulate the mech. It should be quite lively like a mouse trap, slightest touch and it disconnects.

The ICS L85s have been like this since their inception

My ics l85 has intermitant issues on semi auto. 

Full auto works fine, but switch it to semi and sometimes when i pull the trigger nothing happens.  Really annoying when this results in myself getting hit. 

The guns about 20 months old so probably say 10 or so skirmishes?  Curious to hear if this fix works.