Good Precision Barrels?

Mario
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I seem to have defaulted to using Tomtac barrels lately, got several fitted now and pleased with them all.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I splashed out on a Prometheus EG 275mm barrel for my M4.

It is a superb barrel, but it was also about £60 off the top of my head. Not sure I'd buy another one nowadays.

A ZCI barrel from @ak2m4 will do just a good a job for about 1/5th of the money.

• Supporters

that's quite a tricky topic, personally i like me a nice pdi 6.01 stainless, been getting good results although you do have to be a bit more religious about keeping it clean.

i've heard good things about the orga barrels, not used them myself but a mate has one and is quite pleased with it.

have a zci in the e&l and it seems pretty decent, although currently it's accuracy is more limited by running open bolt hpa than the hop/barrel setup.

• Supporters

Mmm, I'm also happy enough with the ZCI 6.02mm barrels that I've bought from @ak2m4

I guess if you absolutely, positively have to have the ultimate accuracy, you could spend more.  And then pray for a day with absolutely no wind.

If its a cheaper RIF I generally just plonk on a ZCI barrel as it gives me a decent boost in range and accuracy as well as FPS for not alot of money. 

If it is a particularly expensive rifle I will treat it with a Prometheus barrel. 

Re Prommy barrels, I primarily use these but people be aware I have recently noticed a few that have full circular ridge left from the crowning process, this will massively ruin your BBs flight path.

Ita easy to check with a sharp pick or tweezer - carefully run it along the inside if the barrel to the outside a feel for a lip where the crown meets the inner bore.

Good practice to do on all barrels but just FYI

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

ZCI barrel [...] boost in [...] FPS

Tru dat, and it can be a startling amount depending on how much puff you've not been utilising.

My MP5K:

Stock 110mm sloppybore = ~310fps

VNS 110mm 6.03mm = ~310fps

Stock 249mm sloppybore from a JG G36 + Maple Leaf bucking = ~315fps

ZCI 249mm 6.02mm + Maple leaf bucking = 355fps

I was both delighted, and disappointed because I failed chrono.  Delightappointed?

Now running a ZCI 229mm 6.02 which should hopefully be just right.

Archived