Custom systema ptw building

jackd787
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Built and upgraded custom AEGs and GBBRs for myself and others in the past, so no stranger to tech work.

Thinking of doing a ptw custom DMR build for a couple reasons, I’ve never had one and I’ve alwyas been curious if they live up to the hype.

My main question is do you need a base gun to start from? Or if you bought a HAO kit, could you just buy internals for it and have something useable?

Im really interested in the recoil ptw having come from TM recoils recently, I’d find a gun with no recoil a bit lifeless. Do you have to buy the recoil base gun? Or can this be retrofitted to a regular PTW?

thanks in advance 

• Supporters

PTWs are fickle beasts, Ive never known anyone to put one together themselves and have it work as advertised.  

Tackleberry is your man, you can find him on Facebook in the Systema PTW Owners Group, though as with all things PTW, it's expensive!

As for the recoil PTW, I really wouldn't bother, completely different gun inside and they are a battery-in-magazine solution, far from ideal. 

Thanks for the reply Mr Cheese, much appreciated!

One more question about PTWs, do they drop 4 or so BBs out the chamber if you remove a magazine before it’s empty? Or do they only feed one at a time? 

Archived