New London player

The Commander
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, folks!

Completely new to Airsoft UK -- I played it once or twice years ago back in the States but never here, so thought I would stop by and say hi! 😁

I'm based off Central London; been living here a few years, and finally decided to look into getting into airsoft proper. Read all about UKARA and the three-game rule to buy RIFs and I visited Wolf Armouries this week because of that Hire scheme thingie where I can buy proper guns instead of two-tone ones as long as I play thrice on Bunker 51, where Frank and Chris (I think it's Chris, the friendly engineer guy) were super helpful in letting me handle half the guns in the shop and answering all my questions for an hour and a half 😋 Happy to talk/meet/play with anyone from around London.

I'll do a newbie loadout thread with questions later, but thought I would say hi first, so hi!

33 minutes ago, The Commander said:

(I think it's Chris

The older gent is the tech and his name is Jon. Super nice guy. 

I did the same buying scheme over two years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The older gent is the tech and his name is Jon. Super nice guy. 

I did the same buying scheme over two years ago. 

Jon! Thank you, only got his name in passing 😋

Did you find Wolf a good shop for a first timer? Checked several websites but it's the only place I visited in person of that sort in the UK, so not sure how they rank in terms of price and stock taking that Hire scheme thing into account.

Heard bad things about Bunker 51, however 😶

On 24/08/2019 at 18:00, The Commander said:

Jon! Thank you, only got his name in passing 😋

Did you find Wolf a good shop for a first timer? Checked several websites but it's the only place I visited in person of that sort in the UK, so not sure how they rank in terms of price and stock taking that Hire scheme thing into account.

Heard bad things about Bunker 51, however 😶

Wolf are a little on the expensive side, but they do have a good selection of toys. Jon is one of only two techs I use (You wouldn't know, but decent techs are bloody rare) he is a safe pair of hands. 

Bunker 51 isn't great. But if you can survive 3 evenings there you can survive anything. I play there once a year to keep my Ukara up to date. 

Welcome buddy I'm also West London based so if you ever want to meet up at a skirmish just send a message bud 👍

Archived