Passion for Airsoft

Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

AND usually find these are the ones that burn bright and fast but disappear just as quickly , and usually in a big acrimonious implosion ! 😂😂

I have to agree from what I've seen they do start quickly from nowhere become a very closed minded situation and therefore it ends in a bit of a fireball.

Also I learnt a word 😁

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuck Feams honestly.

I'm almost on short terms with mine, just because they're too focused on tournaments rather than having actual fun.

Lately there have been quite a few complains coming from the newer members because we haven't played much during the "season" (season as in the period of time between September and late May/early June) mostly due to weather conditions, as it rains pretty much every other day in this part of Italy in autumn/winter/spring, but also because of said tournaments.

Depending on the tournament we leave in 6/8 people and the others aren't really keen on playing without us (for some stupid reason tbh).

These complaints I totally agree with, we are too focused on these tournaments shits that we've almost forgot what the whole point of airsoft is, shooting plastic bbs at each other's faces while having a good time together.

Unfortunately in this shithole country you cannot play without a team for insurance/authorization reasons (you can still get both without being in a team, but then everyone else on the field has to do the same, at that point it's more convenient to just join a team and be done with it, also not everyone looks at "mercenaries" with good eyes, so there's that too).

I am thinking of switching over to another local club, as currently it's around 120kms every single sunday for me to get to the field (my hometown is 80kms from my place, and the field is 40kms from my hometown). These guys are only 30 minutes from me and from what I've seen they're very friendly and chilled

The only piece of advice I could tell you is to find some mates you can share your views on airsoft with and have fun playing together/against each other. You could even create a team, but if you do it's best to keep it a meme (idk, call yourself The Badgers in a pure sovietwomble spirit and meme around like good friends do). Check House Gamers Airsoft on YouTube, Dayton does exactly what I am trying to explain.

P.s. don't sell your comms to the vulture xD

I've completely lost my passion again, second time in over 8 years. Don't see that changing anytime soon but I think its more so that life outside of Airsoft has changed so much recently that its killed my interest in it not to mention that really I only play these days for the social side which occasionally gets ruined by cretinous obnoxious twats.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I've completely lost my passion again, second time in over 8 years. Don't see that changing anytime soon but I think its more so that life outside of Airsoft has changed so much recently that its killed my interest in it not to mention that really I only play these days for the social side which occasionally gets ruined by cretinous obnoxious twats.

Same I am on the edge of jacking completely.

I find the community a really odd place as airsoft brings out the best in some people and I have met some of the best people I know but in others it brings out the worst. I think part of the problem which you will understand is when you marshal you really start to see things differently. I think I would struggle to go back to just playing but at the same time while I enjoy the side of marshalling that helps to give players a good day (shockingly that is something that is important to me) I am tired of dealing with stroppy people.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Same I am on the edge of jacking completely.

I find the community a really odd place as airsoft brings out the best in some people and I have met some of the best people I know but in others it brings out the worst. I think part of the problem which you will understand is when you marshal you really start to see things differently. I think I would struggle to go back to just playing but at the same time while I enjoy the side of marshalling that helps to give players a good day (shockingly that is something that is important to me) I am tired of dealing with stroppy people.

100%

I've walked away after some days thinking why do I even bother, what people tend to forget is that even though yes I'm being paid to be there and sort games etc out the people in attendance are ultimately the people that decide how the day plays out. I have never seen grown men throw so many tantrums and strop about so much after "losing" a game likewise I've never met so many mouthy teenagers that think they are the next Chris Kyle.

I get to a game every few months but for the vast majority of those I leave not really knowing if I've had a good day or not or if it was just nice to be out the house doing something other than the general chores and mundane tasks of being an adult.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

100%

I've walked away after some days thinking why do I even bother, what people tend to forget is that even though yes I'm being paid to be there and sort games etc out the people in attendance are ultimately the people that decide how the day plays out. I have never seen grown men throw so many tantrums and strop about so much after "losing" a game likewise I've never met so many mouthy teenagers that think they are the next Chris Kyle.

I get to a game every few months but for the vast majority of those I leave not really knowing if I've had a good day or not or if it was just nice to be out the house doing something other than the general chores and mundane tasks of being an adult.

I have never understood why people get stroppy at airsoft. If you get arsey then what is the point as surely the goal is to have fun?

I enjoy meeting new players and seeing what they are like and having a bit of banter but everything should always be tongue in cheek.

But some people take everything to heart so much you have to wonder how they function in day to day.

The bit that always gets me is how people online can be so different. I have met loads who I thought would be great but in person are very meh. The opposite can also be very true take @jcheeseright total opposite to me in regards of airsoft and we have spat dummies at each before but after meeting him different story. First class player who I was more than happy to play alongside and would have a beer with. Things like that is what actually keeps me in it I think.

Going to look at a meet up game again and really hope you and other regulars on here all sign up as putting faces to names really does help with the camaraderie and does put a bit of joy back into it.

16 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I have never understood why people get stroppy at airsoft. If you get arsey then what is the point as surely the goal is to have fun?

Only time I  have lost my cool is when I get overshot by a significant amount. Really pisses me off taking 6+ bbs. 

I enjoy the random teamwork in a game even if it doesn't result in any kills or winning the game.

I guess its similar to the camaraderie of real soldiers who say they fight for the man next to them...

I've had moments of anger (usually from idiots overshooting or blatantly ignoring hits) but I take a deep breath and remember that we're just playing soldiers with toy guns.

I once fell asleep mid-game.

For those with PASSION, on this FORUM! 😎

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:10, Musica said:

Only time I  have lost my cool is when I get overshot by a significant amount. Really pisses me off taking 6+ bbs. 

yeah, especially when you've already got your hands in the air & are strolling along in a non tactical fashion.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Musica said:

something similar to?

Lol, you've obviously seen me play 😂

Hey. 👋

I can’t believe it £800, I wish I had that much to spend! 😮

Have a Great time.... Swedish babes! 👍 😂

Bring back some pics & vids? 🤔

19 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hey. 👋

I can’t believe it £800, I wish I had that much to spend! 😮

Have a Great time.... Swedish babes! 👍 😂

Bring back some pics & vids? 🤔

Beauty of investing money, sometimes it works in your favor. Other times it doesn't.

I'm back now, will be uploading a review in the coming days if I can be bothered and can do @Asomodai any form of justice with my writing flare.

41 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

and can do @Asomodai any form of justice with my writing flare.

I am just a hack fraud these days. Copying and pasting from previous reviews. Ticking boxes ;)

I can say that my love for airsoft is much better than it was, even when I started all those years ago.  Think it is down to technology and a much wider selection to be had.  Also the people who I airsoft with.

For those that can relate on this page! 😎

check out my AF Playlist topic! 👍

keep an eye out for the main word PASSION! 🔫 

feeling the op so much in this. well in certain ways. started airsoft when unemployed to get me doing something and made good mates with afew on site. played a while til we formed a team. was great for a while. was always a douche bag team in the local ste but we played the game rather than trying to properly compete. was grand til  few others got invited to the team I didn't know. . especially one geardo whom really didn't fit with the squad considering I had designed and made our original patches and allhe wanted new. which after a year I was planning anyway. by this point I was working and fitting airsoft round it a you do but without a vote or anything he had bought a website for the tem. ordered patches and t-shirts of his design(which was lets say inferior) at the same time our site was moving and he decided to make the new site name the first word in the patch, which pissed off the other local teams as they were like you don't own the site(to be fair I wanted to do it like sons of anarchy style so we could have teams at other sites, and I had asked the site owner  whom said sure) really pissed off the douch bag team lol. at this point I just stepped back as said it was x player so he got the abuse. anyway over the weeks the site changed its mind and decided it was closing down... making the nest site too far away for often play so me and mine left it at that to fade. idiot hd somewhat ruined it for us and made himself look a twatt. and without saying anything a few weeks later joined another team. still hasn't officially told us.

but anyway have since new job and moved. new job means longer days but more days off so hopefully can play a bit more often soon as I get settled into new house that also happens to be walking distance of an indoor site which is closer to my friends who play. again planning to restart playing with them but for me ill be controlling it better. play for fun working it together trying to help some. competitive players wont suit us. (I may well run screaming at kids trying to scare em but I will also let em use my spare slings etc and usually let em keep em. but then whats a team to you. a group of competitors or  bunch of friends wearing the same patch? not opposed to being the team that people join to figure what they want in a team then pointing them to a team that matches that.

anyway sorry for the blocks of text. just wanna shows support. people suck... :)

On 24/08/2019 at 08:29, Rogerborg said:

And this thread is why I will never be synchronising my dress-up wardrobe with anyone.

I don't think others share your worrying passion for all things beige (sorry tan, coyote, flat dark earth) anyway. Must be an age thing.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ryaw said:

I don't think others share your worrying passion for all things beige (sorry tan, coyote, flat dark earth) anyway. Must be an age thing.

ThunderousMintyDikkops-max-1mb.gif

image.png.0ea1dab0c76022fedb3422e2fe6d5af2.png

Archived