HERA Arms CQR

Nosler
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all , just got a Hera arms CQR and I am wondering about running a 11.1 lipo instead of a 7.4. 

Is it good to go out the box or do I need to change spring ?? 

Cheers in advance 

If it's anything like my Avalon, it wont be the spring that'll be an issue when running a higher volt battery.

It will put more strain on the gears though so they will wear out quicker.

The only thing that'll improve when running a 11.1 over a 7.4 is trigger response and rate of fire, I believe, so it really just depends if you can justify the need for that being greater than the prolonged life of gears etc.!

16 hours ago, BibbsOnTour said:

If it's anything like my Avalon, it wont be the spring that'll be an issue when running a higher volt battery.

It will put more strain on the gears though so they will wear out quicker.

The only thing that'll improve when running a 11.1 over a 7.4 is trigger response and rate of fire, I believe, so it really just depends if you can justify the need for that being greater than the prolonged life of gears etc.!

Many thanks for that , 

i was looking for a higher ROF and better trigger response but at the cost of wearing parts out sooner ........... Don’t know if it’s worth it . 

cheers 

Archived