Worst gun you've ever worked on

Tiercel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So far I've taken apart and fiddled with a CYMA P90, G&G Combat Machine, CYMA CM.121 AEP, VSR, APS UAR, and a King Arms AEG SVD. Weirdly, I had the worst time with the Combat Machine by a fairly large margin. There's so much to do just to get at the gear box, then the internal gearbox wiring adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the usual spring juggling when closing up. I get the feeling that the V2 gearbox, the most popular and ubiquitous, might also be the biggest pain in the arse?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2019 at 23:58, Shizbazki said:

freakingly annoying BB feeder tube thingy

Cable tie through it will save you some stress

• 3 weeks later...

The tm uzi. 

Very cleverly designed as its a clamshell, but it's like they were being deliberately obtuse. 

Not that you really need to disassemble one as spare parts are that non existent that you may as well resort to nailing it on the wall and sobbing. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

ASG Shadow2, what a piece of crap lol

heard the originals were pretty bad, was chatting to the tech in the local shop while he was struggling to get one back together.

Don't laugh at me.

But the Ares Striker series is terrible to work on.

All the upgrades are aesthetic, internally you only have a handful of overly expensive parts that are not even guaranteed to properly work.

It's a shame as it could be a very good platform.

Limited experiences- but I had two broken springers I ripped apart and made one out of awkward as but I succeeded sort of(fires all 3 pellets out of one barrel- am fine with that though . lol)

but learned to hate the gun I bought to learn on- jg aug... 2 stage trigger nonsense- splitting the body to get the gearbox out the butt that shouldn't have to happen etc... hate it just haven't gotten round to getting rid of it yet...

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Wasnt sure if this goes here or if we need a cursed airsoft images thread:

1601635265319-1198339830.thumb.jpg.8da6d1df6a7c076207a6cd184f93d84d.jpg

I fervently believe AEG’s are the devils spawn, and have no desire to work on them ever again. However, my interest is piqued, I’m assuming to two drilled holes shouldn’t be there 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Wasnt sure if this goes here or if we need a cursed airsoft images thread:

1601635265319-1198339830.thumb.jpg.8da6d1df6a7c076207a6cd184f93d84d.jpg

G&G pneumatic blowback I suppose

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I fervently believe AEG’s are the devils spawn, and have no desire to work on them ever again. However, my interest is piqued, I’m assuming to two drilled holes shouldn’t be there 🤷🏼‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Skara said:

G&G pneumatic blowback I suppose

Its a jg gearbox i picked up boneyard, those holes are the result of someone doing an "fps downgrade" who presumably had either zero knowledge or gave zero fucks

Shame, wasnt a bad cylinder until that happened. Have to laugh at the aftermarket piston head in it like they gave a crap about air seal......

Building her into a new box for the lct because i've given up trying to make the stock box sound nice.

I've good a new pick for this. ICS MP5. Getting to the gearbox, nice and easy. Two pins, take the stock off, unplug the connector and the lower slides out the back. The rest though? Absolute nightmare. You've got two receiver halves with everything either screwed into them or held between the two halves when they're together, including the wiring. So to reassemble the upper you've got to screw the hop up in, slide the to tube over the inner barrel but not push it on yet, last the wiring with no way to keep it in place, then balance the top part, the rest sight and the mag release in one half and put the second half on and screw it down. Then you've got to push the top tube the test of the way on and put a single screw through the top tube, the receiver halves and the hop up to secure it all and to top it off the tabs secure the receiver sides are long and designed and will absolutely break if you put too much pressure on. Which you need to buy the way because nothing lines up right. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.