MAXX Hop Tracer

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm planning on getting the MAXX hop up at some point but I was wondering about the tracer version. What are people's experiences of it and is it worth getting?

• Supporters

I have one and it's feckin ACE!

One word of warning though, the single board version connects to the balance lead on your LiPo battery so a) you'll need to route it out to the battery and b) if you run it on all the time it'll rape your battery. The Dual board version connects to your motor terminals so it only lights when the motor gets power BUT you can't run it with the advanced breed of mosfets so it won't be good if you run a Gate Titan for instance.

Compared to the Madbull 3 in 1 thing it's both a better hop unit AND a better tracer.

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have one and it's feckin ACE!

One word of warning though, the single board version connects to the balance lead on your LiPo battery so a) you'll need to route it out to the battery and b) if you run it on all the time it'll rape your battery. The Dual board version connects to your motor terminals so it only lights when the motor gets power BUT you can't run it with the advanced breed of mosfets so it won't be good if you run a Gate Titan for instance.

Compared to the Madbull 3 in 1 thing it's both a better hop unit AND a better tracer.

Thanks that's some really comprehensive info. I'm probably not going to use it more than I will but the price difference between the models is less than you'd pay for a separate unit so I thought why not. What's the difference in battery performance like? 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Thanks that's some really comprehensive info. I'm probably not going to use it more than I will but the price difference between the models is less than you'd pay for a separate unit so I thought why not. What's the difference in battery performance like? 

I normally run a 1.4mAh 7.4v LiPo in my MK18. I generally use single shot and it would comfortably last all day, however on my first trip out with the tracer hop (at the Mall so it was in use all day) the battery crapped out shortly after lunch. The tracer LEDs are switched by a little on/off switch on the side of the hop unit so you CAN turn them off if you're not going to be somewhere dark all the time but it IS a bit fiddly. That said, having the LEDs on all the time means you don't suffer from the same problem you would with the one powered from the motor contacts in that the first BB out is always fully glowing.

Archived