G&G gearbox squeeling sound (only Sector gear inside)

WNilsson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That sounds pretty normal to me. Add a small amount of gear grease to both axles.

Interesting. One of my two reliable techs had discovered that Super Shooter gears do not play well with stock JG G36 bushings. They fit far too tight and cause a hell of a lot of noise when firing. Currently hoping to fix it with a set of Prommy bushings. You might want to try a different bushing. 

Update, this is with all the gears. 

Constantly making noises, non of the gears interact with either the shell or eachother exept the gear teeths, by the looks of it.

cables is running hot too, tried different motor and has made sure that the motor hight is correct.

no clue where to do next

https://imgur.com/a/jqH7zN7

• Supporters

Do yourself a favour and install the rest of the bits into the gun and try again. I’m pretty sure you’ll be alright. 

Its also a lot easier to determine where the fault is once it’s all together. 

Are the cables getting hot in its current state or when everything is together?

23 hours ago, Prisce said:

Do yourself a favour and install the rest of the bits into the gun and try again. I’m pretty sure you’ll be alright. 

Its also a lot easier to determine where the fault is once it’s all together. 

Are the cables getting hot in its current state or when everything is together?

Trying to do myself a favor and fix it thats why i dissasembled it in the first place.

Cables hot in both states.

the sound is also there with only the bevel gear when running the motor.

came to a conclusion that its something wrong with the bushings on the bevel gear, or the bevel gear itself has a bent axel or something.

• Supporters

I understand. Wasn’t supposed to come across as abrupt.

Well your cables hot is Amp Draw, drawing too many amps, so somethings putting an extra load on the motor(or a damaged cable)

Reading your OP I’d suggest changing your bushings again, either them or the gears aren’t compatible with your shell or each other.

Edit: See you’ve already planned on doing it.

Archived