Something Different?

Dreadnought
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

New to the forum but hope i can contribute where i can.

Looking for some advice on buying an AEG, i have been playing the sniper role mostly but want to change it up and get closer to the action.

I was trying to find a gun that is different from the usual M4/AK/G36, not that there is anything wrong with them i just like to try and make it difficult for myself to find parts and tutorials on fixing stuff Lol.

I am very interested in the AUG, its at the top of the list for me on looks but tutorials on fixing and modifying them are limited.

The 2 AUGs in my budget are either the Snow Wolf Augs or the Jg Augs, i understand they are supposed to be the same internally but would be nice to hear if any people have these and can give a bit of advice. think id prefer the A2 or a3 to have a custom sight etc.

any advice or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

An AUG is going to be fun for you since it's limited, I picked myself up a UMP from the States and travelling back home soon. I've had my eyes on the Army Armament Raptor AUG, expensive and probably not going to be good but the design looks amazing and I'd just upgrade it if it was like the JG MP5 I had. My suggestion is to go for the Snow Wolf, I believe they have much better quality control. Send me some links here to the ones you are looking to get

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  I can't help with the Aug, but I'm intrigued by you running a JG MAC 10.  Is it really pushing 300fps out of an AEP gearbox?  If so, have you considered throwing a longer and/or tighter barrel in there?

I ask because my MP5K jumped from 310fps with the stock 115mm sloppybore up to over 350 with a 249mm 6.02mm.  If you've got the volume (possibly not) then you might be able to turn the JG into something surprising.

Is also my sly sideways way of asking "Y U NO MP5"? ;)

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, ieuanam said:

Who makes your MP5? ( UMP better)

Galaxy, proper vendor trash.  Cost me all of £72 but has produced far more results and smiles than I expected.  Perfectly usable as-is for both CQB and at a pinch in woodland, and adding a longer barrel (hidden inside a suppressor) gets it up to UK site limits without even touching the gearbox.

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Galaxy, proper vendor trash

I mean at least it was better than my JG MP5 which at stock just jammed almost every shot and even having hop on, it had no hop so a full rebuild I did and just needs it's barrel to be cleaned and it's new hop should kick in, at the moment it was either too much hop or too little hop

1 hour ago, ieuanam said:

An AUG is going to be fun for you since it's limited, I picked myself up a UMP from the States and travelling back home soon. I've had my eyes on the Army Armament Raptor AUG, expensive and probably not going to be good but the design looks amazing and I'd just upgrade it if it was like the JG MP5 I had. My suggestion is to go for the Snow Wolf, I believe they have much better quality control. Send me some links here to the ones you are looking to get

UMP's do look good! 

https://gunfire.com/en/products/sw-020tb-carbine-replica-olive-drab-1152219202.html

These just jumped in price from £98 this morning to £130! doh

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/jg0448a-au-1g-j-g-works?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=aug

What do you mean by limited? is the range less than traditional rifles?

thanks!

Just now, Dreadnought said:

limited

I meant by limited as in with the the tutorials and upgrades being harder to find, I'll look at them now

Snow wolf, I'd go with the snow wolf as the better option, I mean I can't see the JG one since this theme park WiFi doesn't let me on Taiwan gun but my overall opinion is to go snow wolf as a bit more options available and a better quality control system I believe 

51 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome.  I can't help with the Aug, but I'm intrigued by you running a JG MAC 10.  Is it really pushing 300fps out of an AEP gearbox?  If so, have you considered throwing a longer and/or tighter barrel in there?

I ask because my MP5K jumped from 310fps with the stock 115mm sloppybore up to over 350 with a 249mm 6.02mm.  If you've got the volume (possibly not) then you might be able to turn the JG into something surprising.

Is also my sly sideways way of asking "Y U NO MP5"? ;)

Lol i recently bought it as a bit of a joke/extra gun if my sniper or sidearm decides to play up, i have had a look at putting a longer barrel in as the suppressor is as long as the gun but I like the idea that it is small enough to use with my sniper as im not the ultra sneaky type and have got myself into situations before where it was needed , ive been looking up how to change it to a lipo as the battery is terrible and apparently airsoftworld.net has a converter for lipo which plugs straight in, dont know if you have tried it ?

I will test out the FPS tonight and let you know what the results are.

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, ieuanam said:

I meant by limited as in with the the tutorials and upgrades being harder to find, I'll look at them now

Snow wolf, I'd go with the snow wolf as the better option, I mean I can't see the JG one since this theme park WiFi doesn't let me on Taiwan gun but my overall opinion is to go snow wolf as a bit more options available and a better quality control system I believe 

ah ok, thanks for having a look.

i'll have to wait for the sale on gunfire again, cant believe i missed it.

means i have more time to look at other guns and change my mind 50 times lol

22 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

means i have more time to look at other guns and change my mind 50 times lol

Haha good luck

If you want to get away from the usual rifles, why not go total Brit and get an SA80.  Uses M4 mags, so someone on your team will usually have a spare if you run out and they are easy to work on with the split gearbox.  It doesn't take too much to turn one into the current A2 version with the rail system and they can shoot quite accurately if you get the mechanics working properly.

9 minutes ago, RR01 said:

they can shoot quite accurately if you get the mechanics working properly

Most guns can shoot accurately after getting the mechanics working properly, getting it working is the only issue

12 minutes ago, RR01 said:

If you want to get away from the usual rifles, why not go total Brit and get an SA80.  Uses M4 mags, so someone on your team will usually have a spare if you run out and they are easy to work on with the split gearbox.  It doesn't take too much to turn one into the current A2 version with the rail system and they can shoot quite accurately if you get the mechanics working properly.

I did have a look at these but they are out of my budget unfortunately and seem to be similar to there real life counterparts lol!  only ones i could find were from bbguns for less under 200

• Supporters

If you do a forum search you’ll find a LOT of info on the Jing Gong and the snow wolf AUGs .

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Galaxy, proper vendor trash.  Cost me all of £72 but has produced far more results and smiles than I expected.  Perfectly usable as-is for both CQB and at a pinch in woodland, and adding a longer barrel (hidden inside a suppressor) gets it up to UK site limits without even touching the gearbox.

To confirm, yes my jg mac 10 is currently shooting 296fps!

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

If you do a forum search you’ll find a LOT of info on the Jing Gong and the snow wolf AUGs .

Hi, yes ive had a look on loads here and reddit etc, just thought it would be good to have a chat with people about it and ask my own questions, thanks tho!

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

To confirm, yes my jg mac 10 is currently shooting 296fps!

Eff me, that's tempting.  The lack of cheap (or any) mid caps is a bit of damper though.

I've not tried the AirsoftWorld drop-in lipos in my AEP, I rewired it to use little 300mAh JST lipos which work fine and really improve the trigger response and ROF.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Eff me, that's tempting.  The lack of cheap (or any) mid caps is a bit of damper though.

I've not tried the AirsoftWorld drop-in lipos in my AEP, I rewired it to use little 300mAh JST lipos which work fine and really improve the trigger response and ROF.

I had a look at midcaps for the mac but they are too big, cant store them anywhere so a high cap is my best option.

i wanted to swap to a lipo to increase the ROF and think i might try the airsoft world one as im not confident modding anything electric lol plus in order to make the lipos fit you need to mount the battery outside as the battery area is too small in the mac 10s.

• Supporters

The 300mAhs I use are tiny, they should fit OK, but I like the idea of a drop in replacement.  It should provide a bit more current as well.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The 300mAhs I use are tiny, they should fit OK, but I like the idea of a drop in replacement.  It should provide a bit more current as well.

Ill try it and let you know mate!

Archived