Martial HPA power/fps

zuulunut
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok this is my first ever post here and to be fair im pretty much a noob airsofter. 

I am hoping to ask what seems to me to be an easy question but upon hearing several people at my regular skirmish sites its almost taboo. 

I have heard several people over my few months in this sport mention about how HPA guns power is difficult to martial on sites as it can be turned up and down on the fly without anyone knowing. 

My question (as someone who has little to no knowledge of HPA is first 

Is this true?    And second 

If not true why do i hear it so much?  

And finally,  If this is true,  why arent people doing more to try to regulate this? 

As i have said i have very little knowledge of HPA so if this is not true i apologise for bringing it up. 

• Supporters

Yes and no. You have a regulator to turn the pressure up, some systems have a tournament lock that can be locked by chrono staff and users alike.  Others do not and it’s users choice to purchase and use a reg like this.

Its heard so much because people don’t know as much about HPA as they do everything else.

Go to the HPA thread and look at @proffrink‘s post about a guide to HPA to see more in-depth description of HPA.

• Supporters

"hpa guys" is the modern incarnation of "systema guys", the assumption being that because on an hpa you can adjust the fps up by some sneaky twiddling of the regulator that everyone that runs an hpa does this all the time (hint no, no they do not)

the reality is that there are systems out there for most platforms that allow sneaky adjustment of fps, be it quick change springs for a scorpion evo (legitimately faster and easier than adjusting an hpa reg), joule creep on gbb's and so on.

yes there are considerations to marshalling hpa properly, and a lack of knowledge on how they work doesn't help. ultimately i'd rather face an honest player with an hpa than a cheater with, well, pretty much anything.

100% what Adolf has said. End of the day cheaters gonna cheat, be it chrono and cylinder change, "deffo .2's" at chrono etc.

The only thing that HPA brings is slightly easier adjustment, lower cycle times and the ability to use joule creep as a thing given that most sites chrono on fps on a .2 rather than joules with selected ammo. Case in point my old GHK would throw .2 bbs at 340 fps (totally fine) it'd also throw .43 bbs at 300fps (not so good). I never used it in the stock configuration but yeah basically the heavier the ammo I could have used the hotter it would have shot by joule i.e. energy reading.

It does make me kinda sad that people feel the need to cheat in a game that in my opinion is mostly honour based anyway.  I appreciate the info and i will check out the hpa section of the forums. 

I have mostly used Aeg rifles but i do have a green gas pistol which i have yet to use. 

I have been toying with the idea of getting a KJW KC-02  gbbr as i mostly just shoot semi with my Aegs anyway. 

I guess if i do ill be able to experience first hand the suspicion on Hpa

Archived