If you really had to have an inexpensive green gas all metal 1911

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would you get the WE or KJW?

I know all the down sides, principally that you get very few shots off green gas, but I don't like CO2 and low shot count is not a problem because I wouldn't skirmish the gun. I would only load 10 bbs at a time and then regas.

I believe the KJW is the better choice since it is TM compatible. And the WE models look nice but have a very poor reputation for reliability.

But it may be a piece of poo. Anyone got an opinion on this? Other than don't get either; buy a Marui instead.

It's just that I haven't got a full pot metal pistol in my little collection and have a hankering for one.

It will probably pass.

• Supporters

I'd go kjw, all the others I've owned have been great, but I'd still look a tm first (non metal I know 🤔)

I seem to recall that Luke @ the Mall had good things to say about the Army r28 and r32 models, tho the mags are bork. On the plus side they are TM compatible. I'm currently running a TM MEU upper on an Army Kimber lower and the R32 "Storm" models are already quite pimp looking out of the box....

The mags leak easily and don't last long,  the velocity drops like a stone after the first few shots, and if you just want to take a few shots you have to waste the remaining CO2, since it isn't a good idea to keep it in the mag. You put a capsule in, and if you don't want to continue, you have to blow it all out, with excessive cool down effect.

Plus the extra pressure puts too much strain on the internals and wears them out faster, if it just doesn't just destroy them.

I've used it in air pistols, and I don't much like it.

7 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

The mags leak easily and don't last long,  the velocity drops like a stone after the first few shots, and if you just want to take a few shots you have to waste the remaining CO2, since it isn't a good idea to keep it in the mag. You put a capsule in, and if you don't want to continue, you have to blow it all out, with excessive cool down effect.

Plus the extra pressure puts too much strain on the internals and wears them out faster, if it just doesn't just destroy them.

I've used it in air pistols, and I don't much like it.

When was the last time you owned/used co2? 

Ive got a KWC 1911 thats designed for co2, works great and I’ve always left bulbs in etc and never had an issue. 

No huge drop in fps until maybe the last 10 shots? Usually get at least 3-4 mags from a bulb too. 

May be worth considering, I’m not sure if/how air pistols differ to airsoft but you may find you don’t have the problems you’ve experienced previously. 

• Supporters

I know it's not what you're asking for but i'd definitely consider co2 for a 1911. The magazines in real life are single stacked and as a result very thin when compared to pretty much anything else- this then means that the gas reservoir is pretty small so in a full metal 1911 you'll struggle to get a full mag's rounds out before it runs out, heck even my TMs wouldn't a lot of the time either.

If you're dead set on it though I'd probably go for the KJW, I had a WE one too a while back and it was pretty crap and not compatible with the TM so parts weren't the easiest to get hold of.

• Supporters

Can’t comment on the KJW but I’ve got two JG 1911’s that are old , and I mean REALLY old as in the one was in the very first batch to arrive in the UK when Airsoft Scotland were the first retailers to sell them over here  and the other was in either the 2nd or 3rd delivery , and there both still going strong (one does have a crack in the slide after a then team mate dropped it a couple of wks after I bought it !) yes there not as good as a TM for range and accuracy , but it’s a pistol ! Mags hold gas fine (changed all the seals for better quality ones) AND I stay on top of keeping them clean and lubed when I use them .

15 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Would you get the WE or KJW?

I believe the KJW is the better choice since it is TM compatible. And the WE models look nice but have a very poor reputation for reliability.

I have had many different pistols over the years. I understand the issue you are talking about as do everyone else who has posted. I  used to have a WE 1911, some years back and that would not be great, get through half a mag.  I now have a WE G23 which I run red gas and it is a beast!  If it does fail, I will fix it.

i wouldn’t rule out WE pistols but you have to really go and check them out first.

4 hours ago, Dino said:

I have had many different pistols over the years. I understand the issue you are talking about as do everyone else who has posted. I  used to have a WE 1911, some years back and that would not be great, get through half a mag.  I now have a WE G23 which I run red gas and it is a beast!  If it does fail, I will fix it.

i wouldn’t rule out WE pistols but you have to really go and check them out first.

they haven't improved the 1911/hi caps since they 1st came out

Thanks for all the replies.

I just have a desire to rack a slide and hear that metallic clunk, which I miss since I sold my AW Hi Capa - something I can't get on guns with plastic frames.

Childish I know, but I am in my second childhood, and these guns are toys after all.

Thinking of a KJW KP07 (1911 MEU) or 05 (HiCapa with a more classsic 1911 look)  at the moment. Both have rails unfortunately which spoil the lines of a 1911 IMO..

But I may get over it. I change my mind a lot.😆

54 minutes ago, BigStew said:

they haven't improved the 1911/hi caps since they 1st came out

Hence why I don’t have one..

So what about the AW guns which are said to be WEs with proper quality control. Are they no better? Many of the expensive special editions that have become so popular are AW made guns: Taran Tactical, Salient 2011s and Salient Glocks.

The Americans seem to think the only metal Hi Capas worth buying are the KJW ones. Some claim they are almost as good as Maruis. I very much doubt that is the case.

Since my requirements for a metal 1911 are so modest, I have been wondering if I should save myself some money and get an Army Armament version for 50 quid from Taiwan Gun Company.

I know they aren't the most reliable, but then neither are the WE or KJW versions.

And it won't be shot much.

Anyone care to comment?

I have been hankering after a metal 1911 myself to use with my TM M45A1 mags. The Army seems an interesting option!

Archived