Gun cases and bags do we go overboard?

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I fit everything I need for a game day in this setup. That includes 2 rifles, 1 pistol, PC, lid and belt, batteries, spare CO2, speedloader, gloves and knee pads

IMG_20190718_203626.jpg

• Supporters
23 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

This is what I use, fits all my stuff and more

IMG_20190819_174734.jpg

IMG_20190819_174541.jpg

IMG_20190819_174550.jpg

What bag is it ? Looks a nice bit of kit .

45 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

What bag is it ? Looks a nice bit of kit .

5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 - its pricey but to me, its worth it as I very rarely need another bag to carry (even when attending Milsims)

Clicky this linky 

I got mine for £214 in the sale

The rifle compartment is solid plastic (or whatever gun cases are made out of) so they are protected. 

There is a 3.0 out now, however, talking to the guys at TacTree the only difference is the 'rifle' compartment is deeper so you can fit more stuff. The length and the storage above hasn't changed. Oh, and it now comes in Green. 

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, cropzy said:

I fit my entire kit into one of these
farpoint_40_side_volcanic_grey_1_1.jpg

Fecking speed S’ofter ! Unless your weighed down with 20kgs of pointless kit then you ain’t no airsofter to me !😳

26 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 - its pricey but to me, its worth it as I very rarely need another bag to carry (even when attending Milsims)

Clicky this linky 

I got mine for £214 in the sale

The rifle compartment is solid plastic (or whatever gun cases are made out of) so they are protected. 

There is a 3.0 out now, however, talking to the guys at TacTree the only difference is the 'rifle' compartment is deeper so you can fit more stuff. The length and the storage above hasn't changed. Oh, and it now comes in Green. 

Have to admit any of the 5.11 bags are my Achilles heal’s , I love them . Yes there heavy even before you put anything in them but f**k me they DO feel totally bombproof and you just know it won’t let you down.

So I good sir concur money well spent ! 👍

I've got one of the large Nuprol hard cases with the egg shell which I used to take my rifles/SMGs to and fro. it tends to hold two (depending on what I'm taking) which gives me a back up in the event anything goes wrong. I also have a second hard case which I picked up for cheap, it's also filled with egg shell but the foam is thin compared to the Nuprol case. I did consider picking up a couple of Plano cases but when I saw how much they went for here compared to the States I decided against.

I have a couple of Plano pistol cases which I got on the cheap for my P226 and my HK45, I really can't fault them and at the price I got them for (think they were £13 each) they were a bargain.

Finally, I've got a soft case which is allegedly a rifle case but unless you're running something with a folding stock forget it. Joys of a China special.

I tend to look at it from the view that I've invested into my kit and as such it's worth treating right and looking after. While I don't expect it to fall to bits from a bit of abuse (it's not a gentle hobby and I rarely imitate shrubberies ;)) I'd rather reduce the risk of a fault occurring where possible.

3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I tend to look at it from the view that I've invested into my kit and as such it's worth treating right and looking after. 

That’s what I think also.

• 3 weeks later...

my bag will have dual purpose, as a budget softer it is a must. so I can buy any (reasonably priced) bag as long as it fits the two wins breaks for beach days! 😂 

there are not many 120cm bags out there!

20181204_170949.thumb.jpg.3662d7b83843d7b95eba9bbb048bc94e.jpgThe nuprol case has worked well for me, fits most of my airsoft stuff except for kit and consumables which I just stick into my vestsback pack. Only real downside to cases is the amount of space they take up in safe zones.

2 minutes ago, lemon191 said:

20181204_170949.thumb.jpg.3662d7b83843d7b95eba9bbb048bc94e.jpgThe nuprol case has worked well for me, fits most of my airsoft stuff except for kit and consumables which I just stick into my vestsback pack. Only real downside to cases is the amount of space they take up in safe zones.

They take up space, but nothing like looking after your RIF after a good days airsofting! Also can cover the outside in patches.

33C6B45D-BF06-4DF9-A843-04954E9276B0.jpeg

All my big RIFs have bags, easy to pick up one knowing it's all ready in one place. Small RIFs like pistols live in two cases. All mags have a case together. All the kit is stored in two large crates. I use a PeliStorm for the day or an Osprey 40l Transporter if it suits better, just depends how much I have and what is going with me... ALL cases and bags are locked and then locked to each other so that only the Incredible Hulk could move them together. And onsite it's all locked and locked to a bench. Belts'n'braces.

Why so many locks? I'm not leaving grand plus sitting there unattended. Blinking tea leaves.

On 20/08/2019 at 10:28, Tiercel said:

That SCAR setup is gorgeous 😍

Cheers, might have to buy another case for my recent purchase, CM356 shotgun.

I guess it depends on what you use and how many guns you have.

I have a cheapo long fun bag I used for rifles and a black duffel bag from sports direct I use for general kit and chuck the cqb guns into.

i love the scorpion evo bag as it’s cheap, fits the gun well and has the handy pouches on the front.

i was even thinking of getting 2 more, 1 for the vector and 1 for the MP7 as it is a lot easier to run a bag/case for specific guns to keep mags and the sights etc all together. I can get new foam easily and a mate has even offered to sew clips into the side so I can clip 2 together for easier carrying and to put a carry strap on for me!! Would make games a hell of a lot easier

I do find grabbing a bag that has all the gear sorted much easier than faffing about  unpacking and repacking bags before every game day... a big fan of the grab and go idea! 

But then I don’t have loads of different guns, I have 3 I use mostly and a pistol so it’s easier for me. 

What at works for me won’t be the same for others 

Archived