Gun cases and bags do we go overboard?

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I picked up the 30 quid foam case for the scorpion evo as it seemed cheap compared to the hard cases for guns and pretty competitive for bags too. I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on storage/transport bags for their toys. The obvious thing is we do NEED to bag it and for its outline to not look like a weapon.

Do people think we wrap them up in cotton wool too much with custom foam inserts in pelican cases? My friend keeps his G&G combat machine in a sports direct duffle bag. I stick my pistol in a pocket on my bag.

• Supporters

Can't be doing with coddling the things, I just sling them into a wheelie-case any old way.  It's generally stuffed so tight that they're not going to move around.

Mind you, I've never paid more than 2 figures for a toy gun.  If I'd dropped mortage-payment money on one I might be a little less cavalier.

• Supporters

Personally I like a gun case as it means I can keep each rifle seperate from each other and each with its own mags/accessories in there with it etc. 

I suppose it depends largely on what gun you have and how many overall. If you just had 1 cheaper rifle I probably wouldn't bother but if you've got a number of them and have invested a lot in a collection then you're probably best to look after them where possible. 

Then there's also the aesthetics of it all, to me a hardcase with rifle inside looks the part and afterall 95% of airsoft is a fashion parade anyway, might as well go the whole hog right? 

• Supporters

I like to have my long guns in individual bags or cases if I can , mainly so I can keep all there bits’n’bobs together with them and a hard case or bag will hopefully stop some oaf damaging them when they barge past in the safezone and knock them over !😡 but I don’t go in for the pick’n’pluck or cut to gun shape foam , just normal egg crate works fine for me .

As to the quality and price of said carriers ? I buy the cheapest I can find that’ll do the job , I wouldn’t spend the amount something like a new peli case would cost , saying that I do own an old battered square Peli box that I put my radio/ammo/tool kit/etc (it was given to me by a mate) so I can see the attraction of them but not for me , way too expensive . BUT if you do want one get it ! it’s your money after all , just don’t try and make out you ‘need’ one (like some I have come across over the yrs) you play Airsoft your NOT going on an op so you don’t ‘need’ a gun case you can use use as a fall out bunker in the event of a nuclear war ! 🤦‍♂️ just be honest and say you wanted it ! No one else’s business what you swap your beer tokens for is it ? 😉👍 

• Supporters

Got numerous soft cases & one star hard case (came with my 249 many years ago), but the foam got dumped years ago, its fitted with some brackets for fitment to my pannier racks on my xt600e, on the rare occasion I ride to a game.

to be fair I've usually got it crammed full so minimal movement inside, & if stuff does rub around a bit, instant ageing innit 😏.

cant be doing with pampering kit, it's for using after all, & like others on here, I won't throw stupid amounts on kit.

(this was the point I looked for a Jewish meme, to emphasize my tightness lol, but they were all so very very wrong............there's some sick people out there😕)

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Tackle said:

there's some sick people out there😕

And a couple of us on here as well , in a non judgmental or deliberately nasty offensive way of course ? 😉

I'm not saying people shouldn't spend how much they want on what they want but no one on here is reccomending people get solid gold foregrips but if someone wants one  for their afrian warlord gun so be it.

Seems the most you need to get is egg foam cases if you want to protect it the best you can for as little money. We DO have to buy something to transport them the cheapest bag I've seen was about 20 quid~ then i find for not much more https://www.amazon.co.uk/HSF-defiance-single-shotgun-case/dp/B0162FTM78/ref=sr_1_38?keywords=rifle+case&qid=1566160285&s=gateway&sr=8-38

• Supporters

I tend to go with multiple gun carriers (ie bags/cases that can hold more than one) so I have less things to carry on game day. I always bring at least two rifles to a game day just in case one craps out on me. I've used really cheap stuff and it just doesn't last. Maybe I overpack them but generally I want to put the two rifles, the mags and any other bits that are relevant in the bag with them. If the bag is so cheap it can't hold up to that then it's a false economy. I'm currently using the TMC Covert Double Carry pack and it's been pretty good so far https://www.weapon762.com/gun-packs/756-tmc-covert-carry-double-pack.html?_pcnocache=1566204721466

nKa5Z8T.png

£20 off Amazon, triple fishing rod holder. Takes my MP5, 416 and shotgun. Big pouch on the front holds pistol & mags, and the smaller ones eye pro and other accessories. Its a handy-dandy all in one bag ready for a game day, just pick it up and go.

However because Im absolutely in love with my MP7 and baby it and want to keep it safe, I went all out with a pick & pluck foam case for it which I think looks fucking awesome with the name plate & HK logo I put on it, and tbh thats the main reason I did it, to look cool. Its my CQB box. When I eventually settle on what optic I want on it there will be room for that too. And the case was only like £30 off Amazon including foam, so why not for best part of £500 worth of gun, mags and accessories?

U4ZiUqO.png

0kx8GeZ.png

I think the key here seems to be don't buy the over priced airsoft cases 😂

Probably a bit similar to how in pc gaming they slap a gaming sticker on the box and sell it for more money to suckers. 

@Prisce

do you bury them in cement in your basement after each game day? 🤣 Usually don't like the look of glocks but they are cool AF. 

my ocd doesn't like your magazines not being empty. 

Were the cases expensive? 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Musica said:

I think the key here seems to be don't buy the over priced airsoft cases 😂

Probably a bit similar to how in pc gaming they slap a gaming sticker on the box and sell it for more money to suckers. 

Absolutely, get a case that's the right size but doesn't say "airsoft" or "tactical" in the description and it'll be a fraction of the cost (unless of course it says "PeliCase" in the description).

• Supporters

i use a wheelie travel case which pretty much everything just gets chucked in and popped in the back of the car.

some stuff is a bit big though, so it has to be stashed underneath and covered up with jackets and so forth.

individual bags/boxes seems kind of a hassle, although i'm not particularly precious about them anyway.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i use a wheelie travel case which pretty much everything just gets chucked in and popped in the back of the car.

some stuff is a bit big though, so it has to be stashed underneath and covered up with jackets and so forth.

individual bags/boxes seems kind of a hassle, although i'm not particularly precious about them anyway.

like the luggage you take on holiday? 

• Supporters
Just now, Musica said:

yep, nice big case, can fit most short rifles easily although obviously trying to stuff the m4 with it's suppressor on or the mg42 isn't gonna work.

my record is having 5 rifles plug mags, accessories, batteries etc all in there, was an absolute pain to lift into the boot though.

I keep my TM scar h in a hard case with all the mags, speed loader, batteries and sights. I have a small hard case for my G23 and mags. Both from Nuprol and are well made. I am happy to spend extra if I know it will do the job.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

That's pretty much what I use.  A wheeled trolly bag from Lidl, cost me £13 or so.  Sadly they were out of pink so I had to get a boring black one.

311611_07.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's pretty much what I use.  A wheeled trolly bag from Lidl, cost me £13 or so.  Sadly they were out of pink so I had to get a boring black one.

311611_07.jpg

Yea seen some folk with similar at the depot. 

Hmm I  will keep my eyes out for something like that on the cheap as am buying too much kit and it's a hassle with too many bags. 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

311611_07.jpg

You don’t look anything like I imagined you would 

————

I have many many bags, cases, boxes, sleeves, and I have many many guns & assorted weapons 

I only store a small number in the ‘luggage’ that I would bring to a game, and even then I may transfer to other luggage depending on what I am bringing.

The ones that are in their ‘luggage’ are either my long guns, or those that have their own carry case. (Mostly speedball style paintball guns that pack down to a small manufacturers carry case.)

The long guns are in:

Rectangular guitar flight case

Drag bag / sniper mat

Soft rifle bag

Snowboard bag

Generally the snowboard bag carry’s two or three long guns each in individual bags or wraps

Anything not already in a dedicated bag or case is typically in a soft sleeve, such as a laptop or tablet sleeve.  They can then be stored in other boxes or shelves and taken out as required.

Even a few with their own dedicated cases have been taken out and put into a sleeve for convenience.

Specific tools, spares etc are ideally in the case, bag or sleeve that they are stored in

I can then put what I want for an event into a sports bag, car boot etc 

Some of my luggage is cheap and cheerful, some quality at fair prices, (always think outside of the box and look at other sports, travel luggage etc) and some at eye watering prices 

I have event specific kit in assorted storage boxes.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Tommikka said:

You don’t look anything like I imagined you would 

I'm wearing my hair shorter these days, it frames my face better.

Archived