Surplus gear used in Airsoft? 🤔

GAMBLE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is from my OWN Personal Experience, collecting and trying it out! 

SURPLUS and copies are underrated and hardly used! 

The main reason I use them is for BUDGET and saving CASH for other areas in Airsoft!

Will put pictures and videos on! (GUNS, GEARS & LOADOUTS)

Interesting to see who else uses SURPLUS, and add to this Topic? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

My SURPLUS Backpack!

image.thumb.jpeg.dd0b2a8c8ced15e7a732a35d316936c9.jpeg

• Supporters

You must play at VERY different sites to most players bud , all the sites I go too surplus gear accounts for a good 60-70% of the gear players are wearing !

Where I play, almost everyone wears MTP, with a few exceptions! 

To be honest, I think surplus is used a fair bit especially if you're creating a period load out  Soviet, early Russian federation, and cold war era just to name a few,  the problem with surplus is it can get very expensive if it becomes popular. 

Just look at the prices of the surplus Russian smersh webbing such as oxford and avizent smersh.

True! 👍

Don't get me wrong it always depends on what you buy!  

I suppose in my eyes MTP is still being used by the Military, so I don't see it fully as a SURPLUS ITEM? 🤔

1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

MTP can be bought pretty cheaply as surplus gear.

I don't understand. 

I must admit, everything I use,  except for dedicated Airsoft gear has been bought online from surplus suppliers

I use MTP cammo , and managed to get a UBACs top with trousers as surplus , the top was unused and still in the wrapper

Got Lowa boots nearly used as the surplus ones were a little "battle worn" obviously from gulf like states as they were oily 😂

Fair enough. 👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

You must play at VERY different sites to most players bud , all the sites I go too surplus gear accounts for a good 60-70% of the gear players are wearing !

that or chinglish multicam seal team six people.

A lot of Seal Team 6 copy cats! 😜

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Got Lowa boots nearly used as the surplus ones were a little "battle worn" obviously from gulf like states as they were oily 😂

Oily boots?  Sounds like Household Cavalry to me

2 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

True! 👍

Don't get me wrong it always depends on what you buy!  

I suppose in my eyes MTP is still being used by the Military, so I don't see it fully as a SURPLUS ITEM? 🤔

Current issue is exactly what I would understand to be a surplus item, especially with clothing 

Though the government and forces are ‘skint’, that is all relative.

The bottom layer of clothing that touches skin is considered to be a disposable item.  Other layers should get exchanged - and is changed for new.

The old ones then go into a box at the QMs.  As long as nobody siphons it out of the box, when it gets filled it’s backloaded, enters the disposals chain and ends up in surplus shops

Thanks for the insight. 🤔👍

What's the point of this thread?

Interest, knowledge, kits, sharing thoughts, etc. 🤔

6 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Oily boots?  Sounds like Household Cavalry to me. 

As if the household cavalry would dare let their boots get a bit of oil on them. 

20 hours ago, Tommikka said:

They don’t just ride horses

I know I was DSqn but they still don't like to get their boots dirty

13 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Still got oil stains in accommodation causing me to authorise non policy flooring

That's what you get when you let the dirty REME mix in lol

I started off with surplus kit, DPM  and some ALICE webbing stuff. It was ok for a budget starting loadout, but it didnt suit my  needs. A "one size fits all" loadout from surplus pouches and ALICE kit bodged together is just nowhere near as useful as a MOLLE setup for exactly what Im using that day.

If I was going for a certain era look Id be all over that surplus. But for a generic skirmish loadout Ill go with whats comfortable and works for me. Which usually isnt surplus kit. Unless we go up to super modern surplus and start using MOLLE surplus kit, but then Viper et al sell all the same stuff for a fraction of the price of a surplus plate carrier etc.

ALSO why ARE we RANDOMLY allCAPS some RANDOM words? 

Here's a Cold War USSR rig, will try this out when I get the chance! 

image.thumb.jpeg.544d6337ffa5fdadfa154f35711c5598.jpeg

Archived