Best Custom Pistol for Practical Shooting

h3515gc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Elite Shooting Centre the gents name is Mike Cripps 

• Supporters

What I read:

1 hour ago, h3515gc said:

Hi,

I'm after spending the most money on a toy. Can anyone recommend the highest paid Custom Builder for the job. Cost is not an issue, I want the most expensive out there. 

Question: does the BB care about anything except the hop unit and the barrel?

Beyond that, what do you mean by "best"?

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

What I read:

Consistency for practical shooting you want as little variatiion shot to shot.

34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

What I read:

The BB doesn’t but the shooter does 

• Supporters

Your best to build your own, otherwise every time you get an issue you’ll have to send it away again, get charged a fortune, wait a week for it and then it happen again six weeks later. Anything that requires perfection, requires someone to spend  a lot of time on it constantly. Ask any professional at the top of their game, all they want is more time.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What I read:

Do you live your life like a monk? Eating nothing but boiled pototoes and rice? So so tedious.

2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Do you live your life like a monk? Eating nothing but boiled pototoes and rice? So so tedious.

Lol. Honestly, the sarcasm doesn't bother me but the 'need' to call it a Toy or change to Toy in the sentence for whatever reason does. There are some on this forum that get triggered (or seemingly triggered) for using 'real world' words to describe their Airsoft rifle (toy) ;). 

In as much as it annoys me people walting about or thinking if you're not in Crye or Wild Things you're not an airsofter, you have the other end of the scale where people call them 'toys' or not a sport or UKARA isn't a licence.

I mean fuck me, why can't people just turn up, have fun and take their hits. If they wanna call it a rifle then where is the harm? If they wanna call if a licence, fine...

Can't we all just get a long without the need to correct each other over what is really pointless topics. 

Bottom line, call it a rifle, call it a toy, call it a sport or hobby or licence or requirement. I don't give a shit, just don't push it onto others when it doesn't actual harm anything. 

So, I know a little about it, as I only shoot competition.

Pistol makes almost no difference, I could have the most expensive piece I can afford (a reasonable amount, I’m a late middle aged reasonably well paid project manager), @Dan1712 can out shoot me with the cheapest Glock on the same night.

IF we were comparably skill wise, it still wouldn’t matter. It’s just an inconsistent little plastic ball that you will never shoot further than 15m, mostly less than 5m.

Mike Cripps states that his custom builds need at least 1000 rounds through them to settle down once built, and they are still the blingiest kit out there.

You need something with a decent magazine capacity as standard (generally you can’t use extended or drum mags in competition), something that cycles fast, doesn’t jam, will fit in a speed holster.

Basically, that’s a TM Hi-Capa or lately a TM FNX-45.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Rice is for Sundays and company.

The point is cromulent though: "best" can mean just the shooty bits, or it can mean an CNC Swiss cheesed unobtanium slide because bling.

If you want useful information, you need to define  your terms.

TM hicapa or Tm glock Just pick one that you like the look of so you don't see something and decide you want that more.

TM hicapa  has more support spare parts bling parts and when you break the slide using more powerful gas to work in our crappy weather in a cold village hall you can replace it with parts from Mike Cripps or just buy a preupgraded one from him that has been fettled

most people use them and they are really easy to work on and have by far the best triggers

more people are using glocks now but the trigger can't be made as good but pretty close 

cannot  stress enough if you want to be fast practice practice practice until you can draw with your eyes shut and when you open them if everything is lined up you are half way there, don't then undo all that work and switch from a hicapa to a glock or vice versa as the grip to bore angles are completely different and you will have to start all over again (speaking from experience)

Archived