Does the UKARA form have to be hand written - ?

Uncle Pauly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah stupid question, I know! But here goes...

I’ve just downloaded the UKARA form in preparation for my registration and I’ve noticed that at the top of the document is stated: “Please make sure all details have been written clearly and are legible”…noting that the word ‘written’ is underlined, as shown below:

UKARA.thumb.png.e76ca470999d5ac01fbd99dac7286622.png

Now my handwriting definitely isn’t clear and legible, so I was planning to fill-in the PDF copy of the form on my computer (i.e. typing the text rather than writing it) and then add my signature and completion date by hand when the time comes.

Is this legit? Or is there some reason why all of the form must be hand written?

- Paul -

I printed this form off when I was getting mine ready...

Wrote it all out, took it to the site and asked to get my UKARA sorted.

The guy took my little membership card and went over to his computer, put my email in to whatever site they do it on, did a few other bits which I didn't see and then gave the card back and said "all done".

I asked about the form and he said he didn't need it so not sure if they just didn't do the whole process correctly or something but I managed to buy my Avalon all ok from Redwolf with my number and I know they check your UKARA number as I tried when I was younger to buy one without and they refunded the order!

I'd suggest asking your site if they need it or not though... Wouldn't take my word for it 100%!

• Supporters

Print it, there's no good reason why it has to be hand written.

But that doesn't mean that your site won't come up with a bad reason why they want you to hand-scrawl it like an animal, so I'd take a blank one along as well.

Recently qualified for Ukara with Humber Airsoft. Filled out thier membership form, showed ID and they did everything else, recieved Ukara notification a day and a half later.

Didn't need the Ukara form at all.

Archived