Faster trigger response

_neardark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im on turning my adaptive armament sbr into a dmr build but the semi trigger response is so sluggish. 

im using a 11.1 lipo

ive added a high torque motor

still hasn't made much difference at all?

any suggestions welcome

12 minutes ago, _neardark said:

Im on turning my adaptive armament sbr into a dmr build but the semi trigger response is so sluggish. 

im using a 11.1 lipo

any suggestions welcome

A high torque motor with 18:1 standard gears wont make much difference. 

Pair it with 13:1 gears and/or short stroke sector gear and then you'll be cooking. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, _neardark said:

im using a 11.1 lipo

any suggestions welcome

FIt a mosfet.

Its got a burst wizard in it but I dunno if thats absolutely useless the gun is the gears are or what but my specna is so much better in general and it cost a fair bit less. Its annoying the life out of me.

• Supporters

Maybe other parts can be improved upon ? 😜

IMG_4571.JPG

9 minutes ago, _neardark said:

HAHA its deffo not that because my specna is firing so fast and smooth and this just feels like clunk clunk 

If you don't want to crack open the gearbox then A decent Balanced motor can help in this situation. But its much better to go the 13:1 gears with High Torque motor. 

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

What spring?

What high torque motor?

Its an ASG 30k one I believe? 

The spring is an  ASG M125

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If you don't want to crack open the gearbox then A decent Balanced motor can help in this situation. But its much better to go the 13:1 gears with High Torque motor. 

Im going to try that when im paid theres a tech on my team that could help me install them. He fitted the motor and the spring.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, _neardark said:

Its an ASG 30k one I believe? 

The spring is an  ASG M125

Im going to try that when im paid theres a tech on my team that could help me install them. He fitted the motor and the spring.

The 13.1 won't make a huge difference on trigger response they are more for rof. On that spring and that motor it should be reasonably snappy. 

Could be a naff motor, or bad wiring or just over shimmed.

The main thing for trigger response is that the motors torque is good enough not to be slowed on the initial pick up or by the spring tension as it compresses. Your build should be fine on that set up. I normally run a standard gear ratio on DMR builds. 

For the best trigger response you need a precocking mosfet like the gate titan.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, _neardark said:

Its got a burst wizard in it but I dunno if thats absolutely useless the gun is the gears are or what but my specna is so much better in general and it cost a fair bit less. Its annoying the life out of me.

Plugged into the battery or hardwired to the trigger?

Archived