Specna Arms Edge - BBguns4less

menphis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Dare I take the plunge and order from this notorious seller?

Planning to get a Specna Arms Edge but can't see many UK sellers have any in stock apart from BBGuns4Less

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/specna-arms-sa-e12-edge-river-rock-arms-carbine-in-black.html

Or shall I get it from Gunfire?

52 minutes ago, menphis said:

Dare I take the plunge and order from this notorious seller?

Planning to get a Specna Arms Edge but can't see many UK sellers have any in stock apart from BBGuns4Less

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/specna-arms-sa-e12-edge-river-rock-arms-carbine-in-black.html

Or shall I get it from Gunfire?

https://www.mpa-airsoft.co.uk/products/sa-e12-edge-carbine-replica

MPA based in Hockley Essex has one in stock and for cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

https://www.mpa-airsoft.co.uk/products/sa-e12-edge-carbine-replica

MPA based in Hockley Essex has one in stock and for cheaper. 

Thanks for the link Asomodai

Free shipping as well so a plus

my friend has this model. He is  pretty happy with it. The dust cover likes to just spring open and sometimes doesn't want to shut. He had to file down a lonex flash mag to get a good fit as well. Better that way than magazines being too loose I suppose. 

He says it really accurate he has played 2 game days with a cheap G36c jing jongs and 1 game day with my ASG Scoprion evo so hes got a bit of reference of other guns and their accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Musica said:

my friend has this model. He is  pretty happy with it. The dust cover likes to just spring open and sometimes doesn't want to shut. He had to file down a lonex flash mag to get a good fit as well. Better that way than magazines being too loose I suppose. 

He says it really accurate he has played 2 game days with a cheap G36c jing jongs and 1 game day with my ASG Scoprion evo so hes got a bit of reference of other guns and their accuracy. 

Cool. Good to know

Any recommendations on batteries? Looking to get 7.4v LIPO Deans

2 hours ago, Musica said:

he got his from component shop  7.4v lipo wired to deans 1100mah. 

Thanks again.

Found your previous post with link to component shop

4 hours ago, menphis said:

Cool. Good to know

Any recommendations on batteries? Looking to get 7.1v LIPO Deans

It's got a mosfet, would it not be better to get an 11.4v Lipo? Much better trigger response.

18 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

It's got a mosfet, would it not be better to get an 11.4v Lipo? Much better trigger response.

everyone seems to recommend 7.4v for the specna edge models don't know why but common recommendation. 

• Supporters

I run 9.9LiFe’s in mine .

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I run 9.9LiFe’s in mine .

Yeh, I have bought a load of these on your recommendation and I have had no issues with them. I get a good trigger response and decent rof with all the guns I run them with.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Yeh, I have bought a load of these on your recommendation and I have had no issues with them. I get a good trigger response and decent rof with all the guns I run them with.

My self and all my team mates use 9’s now , I find there just the right amount of juice for me . 11’s are just too much only one I run them in is my G&G AFV I’ve left the blow back active so it just eats 7.4’s but I couldn’t find a 9 that’ll fit so I’ll be sticking with the 11’s for it for now 👍

Thanks for everyon'e input on this

I've received the RIF but not sure if this is from all UK retailers but I was expecting it to come with a spare M90 spring in the box but didn't

I assume it must come pre-installed? Though on the box it has 342fps written on it but would have expected it to be lower if it was an M90 spring unless the retailers crono is off

8 minutes ago, menphis said:

Thanks for everyon'e input on this

I've received the RIF but not sure if this is from all UK retailers but I was expecting it to come with a spare M90 spring in the box but didn't

I assume it must come pre-installed? Though on the box it has 342fps written on it but would have expected it to be lower if it was an M90 spring unless the retailers crono is off

my friends came pre-installed no old spring in the box either.

his is shooting under that as well. Put a few hundred BBs through it and it probably will drop a bit as well. 

19 hours ago, Musica said:

my friends came pre-installed no old spring in the box either.

his is shooting under that as well. Put a few hundred BBs through it and it probably will drop a bit as well. 

Yea retailer said they put in the M90 spring as the one already fitted into the RIF is too hot for UK sites (390+ apparently) and is illegal

M90 varies between 310-350 but I'm sure like you said after a few hundred BBs it will drop

Archived