starting airsoft

Sandman SW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi everyone

im planning on starting airsoft with my step son who has adhd so im lòoking for advice on where to start ....kit ill need (and the best places to get it of course) and places to go to play airsoft near plymouth or anywhere in devon! 

any help for a total noob would be fantastic 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.

The only thing you'll need is decent footwear.  A site rental package will provide gun, ammo and eye protection, usually a crappy full face mask.

So if you reckon you're going to stick with it for a while, I would recommend getting your own glasses or goggles and lower face mask.

There are many, many threads on that.  I'd say look at Pyramex i-Force full seal glasses by default, although some folk can fog them up.  Half-fabric / half-mesh lower face masks are my other recommendation.  Alternatively, a Dye I4 full face mask will do it all, at a higher price, and looking like a paintballer.

Other than that, just rent and enjoy. Once you've played a game and have decided whether you'll stick with it, you can decide whether to tough it out for 8 weeks to get a UKARA number and buy realistic guns, or to just dive in and buy 2-tone.

I'll pre-empt any "Which gun" by again saying: play first, see if you can try out folks' guns on site to give you a feel for what's available.

@Sandman SW 

Late to the party I know, but welcome :D, we are a friendly bunch… I think. Pretty much what @Rogerborg said. I would however recommend getting your own face pro the site ones tend to be cheap plastic and mesh that stick into your face.

It good that you’re getting into the sport with your step son I think you will find it will be good bonding  times for you. I'm sure you will both enjoy it.

Used to live in Plymouth myself but as far as I am aware there are a fair few decent sites in and around Devon. Just go to Google maps and type Airsoft and then use the map to pin point sites. The more you move around and use the SEARCH THIS AREA the more sites will pop up. If a site doesn't have a website and just uses a Facebook page then I would probs give it a miss as I think @Rogerborgwill agree.

image.thumb.png.b5a6fd3a185e808bfded20c7f3bd2139.png

image.thumb.png.c2645c2ab2ffff3f6f0468ccb1564fed.png

Welcome! All about the boots and face protection. when you do use rentals ask if they have a couple of different (weapon) platforms to get a feel for what you like the look of. Enjoy

Archived