Grenade Launcher Shell Not Firing

Jones-Effect
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So a couple days ago I bought my first grenade launcher and shell, the S-Thunder Composite Launcher and its matching S-Thunder shell. 

Unfortunately, I could only get to fire it twice before I couldn't get it to fire again. The launcher seems to be working fine so I believe it's the shell. I'd push the trigger of the shell as it instructs, fill with gas, load the bb's and replace the plastic plug. Yet it won't fire and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm hoping to figure out how to fix it or find out what I'm doing wrong to save me the hassle of sending it back for being faulty. 

Shell 1.jpg

Shell_2.jpg

• Supporters

When you fill with gas is it filling? No hissing/farting (dont judge, thats what it sounds like!) Noises when you fill?

With the shell unloaded (no bb's/plug), and in a safe direction (because its a ton of gas comes out) press the button on the bottom see if she pops.

The mechanism on those can be tricksy, normally it resets but sometimes it doesnt. You can try unscrewing it gently see if that clicks it but be careful that you dont go too far or you'll end up with a mess of ball bearings and springs to deal with.

I have an asg shell that's the same mechanism as that and its a right pain, leave it longer than 30 minutes without gas and it'll leak like mad.

On 10/08/2019 at 18:31, Adolf Hamster said:

When you fill with gas is it filling? No hissing/farting (dont judge, thats what it sounds like!) Noises when you fill?

With the shell unloaded (no bb's/plug), and in a safe direction (because its a ton of gas comes out) press the button on the bottom see if she pops.

The mechanism on those can be tricksy, normally it resets but sometimes it doesnt. You can try unscrewing it gently see if that clicks it but be careful that you dont go too far or you'll end up with a mess of ball bearings and springs to deal with.

I have an asg shell that's the same mechanism as that and its a right pain, leave it longer than 30 minutes without gas and it'll leak like mad.

I figured it out earlier today, the core was stuck to the top half of the shell rather than attached properly to the spring of the bottom half. I believe it was just bad manufacturing/was tightened too much when assembled. I tested it that if I screwed it too tight it would cause the core to stick to the top half. Idk if I'm describing it right (I'll post some pics when I'm home so that if anyone else has a similar problem they might see this) but it now works. Thanks for the suggestions though and at the start I was confused on how much gas to put in in the first place but i think I've figured it out now

Archived